andys auto sports - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
andys auto sports
Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:51 PM
just curious if anyone has orderd from andys auto sports? if so, how did it go as far as timing, customer service, etc. just curious if they have a bad rep. or not. thx.

Re: andys auto sports
Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:56 PM
when i was in the body world, we used to order and decided to never do so again...

for the while we were ordering from them, the body kits never fit, were too thin, and needed to be strengthened and modified to work...

never had an issue with cust service or shipping, however... if cheap is the way you want to roll, they are a good company to order from

Friday, November 19, 2010 2:09 PM
Speedline (No more) (GME Chat) wrote:when i was in the body world, we used to order and decided to never do so again...

for the while we were ordering from them, the body kits never fit, were too thin, and needed to be strengthened and modified to work...

never had an issue with cust service or shipping, however... if cheap is the way you want to roll, they are a good company to order from

He is right. There kits take a ton of extra work to get them to work right. You better off buying a ebay body kit bc it will save u money on the kit since your gonna put more into it to fit right. If anything, look around the classifieds and find something someone is selling and get it that way. Dont buy from Andy's since you will spend more money getting it to fit and look right then u did on the kit itself.

Friday, November 19, 2010 2:37 PM
I bought a lip from them from wings west.

they charged me for it.

I called their customer service line several times after not getting the front lip (45 days later).
on hold for 20 minutes on more than one occasion.. nobody ever talked to me, never responded to emails.

I put a stop payment on my bank card, and after 60 days got my money back.

never doing business with them again.

Friday, November 19, 2010 4:50 PM
wow. preciate the info. i'll be sure to stay clear of there.

Saturday, November 20, 2010 4:41 PM
one of the main complaints i've always heard about them is it takes forever for them to ship stuff out.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, November 22, 2010 1:19 AM
Weird they must like me I've never had a problem from them lol

13.1 @ 115
Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:06 AM
ordered a StreetFighter bodykit from them back in 2002. Took like 6 weeks to get the kit got ripped off on the side skirts, the rear bumper fit like $%^& and was thinner than a thin crisp cracker.

Personally, I WILL NEVER DO A BODY KIT AGAIN!!!!!!! (yes, my cavalier still has a kit)

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:41 PM
Not all body kits are crappy like that. I ordered a body kit from soundspeed motorsports, and altho it took forever and a day they kept telling me it was on backorder, and kepts me posted ever couple days. I was happy with it. That kit fit great and for the price I paid for the kit and hood shipped, it wasnt bad. Not all kits are terrible, just depends on who makes them.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 6:43 PM
Yeah my soundspeed rear was strong as hell..I had a car not paying attention to me on my red car bump me and only damage was paint

13.1 @ 115
Tuesday, November 23, 2010 6:53 PM
I ordered a streetfirghter kit (urethane) and an evo hood, kit took a while but the hood took 4 months to get. Haven't ordered since and never will.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 7:56 PM
DJ MIKE BARR wrote:Yeah my soundspeed rear was strong as hell..I had a car not paying attention to me on my red car bump me and only damage was paint

Hahaha Yeah they are. I actually hit a raised man hole cover with the kit I bought from SSMS and it took it like a champ, granted it was fiberglass and it did break up, but it took it alot better then I thought it would. Then when i bought the new kit from the insurance money the contruction company gave me, I gave that whole kit to my buddy who had it fixed and is still riding around with that on his car to this day. And he has hit a turtle, and a racoon. Now the front bumper is torn to hell again, but apparently the turtle got kinda scooped up in the rear bumper (Bomex style) and only broke the part underneath the license plate. They had good kits. Took a while to get them, but well worth it in the long run.

Thursday, November 25, 2010 9:48 PM
ive ordered a bunch of parts from AAS and i didnt have any problems. my parts were shipped in a timely manner and i can't dig them for the quality of the actual product. ppl that have fitment issues i dont think realize that fiberglass takes work to fit properly. i would not recommend any of the products that are VFiber. it is VERY flimsy and requires reinforcing of the parts at stress points and i've added some extra mounting brackets on the VFiber fenders to make me feel better.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 12:00 PM
Has anyone ordered from thepartsbin.com?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search