General Motors' GM logo is... - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
General Motors' GM logo is...
Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:15 AM
history.

A New Day at General Motors
Thu, Nov 18 2010

As a new company with a business model centered around designing, building and selling the world's best vehicles, General Motors is well positioned for global growth. With a competitive cost structure, leading position in key global growth markets, and high-quality products with great designs and technology, GM is excited about the prospects for the company's future.






Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:16 AM
Attachments
GMNYSEOpeningBell01.jpg (81k)



"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein


Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Thursday, November 18, 2010 11:26 AM
so whats the new logo?

and sorry dave, i have too.

JBO wrote:

General discussion - questions, comments or anything else that is not covered by any other forum, that is specifically related to J-body automobiles or the J-Body Organization.




If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Thursday, November 18, 2010 11:35 AM
z yaaaa wrote:

so whats the new logo?

and sorry dave, i have too.

JBO wrote:

General discussion - questions, comments or anything else that is not covered by any other forum, that is specifically related to J-body automobiles or the J-Body Organization.


id say anything related to GM, but not a certain car (other then jbodies) is jbody specific...

plus Dave can do whatever the hell he wants...lol



Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:04 PM
The new logo is on the banner behind them in the picture above. Or you could have just gone to http://www.gm.com/

And this is, in my opinion, posted in the correct forum. This is about the company that designed and built the J-body.





Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:05 PM


"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:58 PM
the new logo for general motors is a sign that says general motors? lolz



Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Thursday, November 18, 2010 2:06 PM
Thats a logo? Gettin real creative arent we GM?



Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Thursday, November 18, 2010 2:09 PM
the reason i asked about what the new logo was is because i thought 'general motors' was just the heading for the press conference or something LOL

so every car is going to now say 'general motors' on it? i like 'gm' better lol



If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Thursday, November 18, 2010 2:12 PM
thats it, I'm buying a mitsubishi.





Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Thursday, November 18, 2010 2:45 PM
Dave wrote:

The new logo is on the banner behind them in the picture above. Or you could have just gone to http://www.gm.com/

And this is, in my opinion, posted in the correct forum. This is about the company that designed and built the J-body.

At least they're saving money on the design of logo's. Hopefully instead of skimping on their cars.





i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Thursday, November 18, 2010 2:58 PM
Because the cost of designing a logo is completely the same as designing a car......

Logos create brand recognition. You see the Mitsu triangles and you think? You see the Audi circles or the Honda H and you think?

It just seems like plain laziness.



Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:30 PM
I would say this post goes in Other cars forum. That is where most the GM stuff goes.



FU Tuning




Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Friday, November 19, 2010 4:31 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:

thats it, I'm buying a mitsubishi.




Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Friday, November 19, 2010 9:46 AM
no sir, i don't like it. should have stayed with the new 3/4" square badges. simple, small, to the point.



JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Friday, November 19, 2010 7:38 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:

Because the cost of designing a logo is completely the same as designing a car......

Logos create brand recognition. You see the Mitsu triangles and you think? You see the Audi circles or the Honda H and you think?

It just seems like plain laziness.

I disagree. GM doesn't build autos, they have companies under their corporate brand that builds autos. Chevy, Buick, GMC and Cadillac all have logos on the front of their cars and trucks. If you see a bowtie you know it's a Chevy.



Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Friday, November 19, 2010 9:11 PM
Ford still uses the Ford emblem for its corporate brand. GM was trying to create brand loyalty to GM brands. The logo was part of that in my mind.



Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Friday, November 19, 2010 9:16 PM
Oh boy.



Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Sunday, December 05, 2010 3:36 PM
Wonder how many millions of taxpayer dollars were spent to commission that design....



Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Wednesday, December 08, 2010 2:07 PM
Ridge wrote:

Wonder how many millions of taxpayer dollars were spent to commission that design....


My thoughts exactly. Wonder if I could get the Taxpayer Motors to fix the cracked dash or clear coat peeling off my 6 year old car?



Hahn Stage II - Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Friday, December 10, 2010 11:11 AM
BlackEco wrote:

Ridge wrote:

Wonder how many millions of taxpayer dollars were spent to commission that design....


My thoughts exactly. Wonder if I could get the Taxpayer Motors to fix the cracked dash or clear coat peeling off my 6 year old car?



from what ive read so far gm has paid back a good quarter of what they borrowed so far and the goverment is said to earn a profit from this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Re: General Motors' GM logo is...
Friday, December 10, 2010 12:10 PM
^^was it TARP money they used again?



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search