help i need advice badly!!!! $600 sunfire - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help i need advice badly!!!! $600 sunfire
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 6:53 PM

It's a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire' no title. It is leftovers from a bankruptcy a few years back and no one is wanting to take it (GMAC, etc) and I NEED it out of my driveway. It has a K&N short ram intake, manifold back exhaust, Tokico DSpec shocks, H&R race springs, Spec light weight flywheel, Spec stage 1 clutch, motor and trans mounts, strut tower braces on front and rear, and a 22mm rear sway bar. The battery is dead right now, but bring some jumpers and I'll take you for a spin! Selling the car as whole, i WILL NOT part out individual peices... thats what the guy says about the car am considering buying the car, heres what i need advice on i know absolutely nothing about buying a car that was involved in a bankruptcy or what the reprocussions of that would be does anyonehave any information its a damn good deal for the car please any advice will help out..... thanks in advance

Re: help i need advice badly!!!! $600 sunfire
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 7:24 PM
The lack of title would make me nervous. Where is the title? If the bank has the title the car isnt legally his and I wouldnt get myself into that legal mess.

My advice? Call your local DMV and ask them how you would go about registering a car without a title in your state.

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 7:27 PM
unfortunately that would be next to impossible in this state according to him he lost the title in bankruptcy and called his lenders and the bank and what not and noone either wanted the car or came to pick it up so he is sellin as a parts car would be a nice donor car for my 96 cavalier but at the same time not trying to get into a legal battle over a $600 car.....
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 8:05 PM
Something does not add up. I say that due to this reason. I have filed BK before, and I have NEVER had a bank leave a car and not come and get it. I would walk away. Either he hid it and they never could find it, or he is trying to get rid of it, so they cant find it. Walk away. If the bank still has the title, then the car isnt his legally. Best bet is let him get into trouble and dont be part of it. Goodluck.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:13 AM
As someone who has worked at a captive lender until getting laid off last year, this is the most likely scenario. The contract was likely voided in the bankruptcy, meaning he can drive the vehicle as long as he is paying for it until the lien is cleared. If he is delinquent the lender has the option to collect the vehicle but is unable to collect any deficiency that may still be owed after auction. Being a 2003 Sunfire, they probably are not actively pursuing the vehicle, since the cost of a repossession and reconditioning the unit cost more than they feel they could collect at auction, on top of what is probably owed. Does not mean that they do not have an interest in vehicle, and have a legal lien on the vehicle. An ethical person, which apparently the seller isn't because he is trying to sell a vehicle which isn't legally his, would either need to clear the title by paying off and releasing the lien or voluntarily surrender the vehicle (which for GMAC would be return to the vehicle to a GM dealer and inform the lender). I would steer clear, even as a parts car because once you are done with the parts you got off the vehicle, you would still have a shell that has a vin that has a lien on it that needs to be scrapped and that could cause headaches too.
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 8:26 AM
ok thanks for everyone's advice too bad would have been some nice parts but o well moving on to other options
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:54 PM
off a cliff it goes? or on fire?

Saturday, February 19, 2011 5:36 AM
I would call the DMV and run the VIN number. If it is the banks I would buy it strip it and send it to the junkyard.

FU Tuning

Sunday, February 20, 2011 11:39 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:I would call the DMV and run the VIN number. If it is the banks I would buy it strip it and send it to the junkyard.

sounds a lil familiar, eh?

I'd buy it, strip it, and roll it into a ditch after you've wiped it clean of any proof you had it. but then again, I'm a schysty person and would knife someone's mother for some good parts

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, February 21, 2011 8:35 PM
Call the DMV. Find out if it is stolen or has a lien on the title. If not, buy it, and you can probably fill out an abandoned vehicle form on it to try and get a title.

2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 - Not stock
1973 16' Tahiti Speedboat
1983 200 HP Mercury BlackMax
1997 Chevy Cavalier with 275K miles
Friday, February 25, 2011 11:58 PM
buy a title and vin plates!! haha

Saturday, February 26, 2011 10:50 PM
offer $300 cash and dont give any contact info. then use it as a motor/parts swap and scrap the rest (assuming they dont need vin info) and come out ahead on the deal

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 8:33 AM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:I would call the DMV and run the VIN number. If it is the banks I would buy it strip it and send it to the junkyard.

sounds a lil familiar, eh?

I'd buy it, strip it, and roll it into a ditch after you've wiped it clean of any proof you had it. but then again, I'm a schysty person and would knife someone's mother for some good parts

I do not know what you mean. I think I know what you are trying to say, but you do not know what your talking about.

FU Tuning

Sunday, March 06, 2011 11:52 PM
buy it and ill take the roller off your hands for free to use as a drag strip only car lol

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:33 PM
contacted the guy and he already sold it for 250 lmao should have offered 250 o well will catch the next one around if there is a next one
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search