buying this car - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
buying this car
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:13 PM
Hey, I was down at a local dealership n they had an 02 ls 2 door cav n the shifter had up to 3 gears then drive. I hav an 00 cav base with a 2200 n its only a 3 speed auto... I never looked under the hood though cause they weren't open. I would think it has an ecotec... its not an ls sport. Just opinions on what engine it might be. Thnx.

Re: buying this car
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:24 PM
your kidding right your the one who looked at the car and you want us too guess what kind of engine it is just open the damm hood or ask the dealer its not rocket science
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:29 PM
I would have if they were open n if the door wasn't locked. What puzzles me is that the ls came with the ln2. But for what I saw it had the trans of an eco

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:32 PM
ln2s had 4 speed autos also you cant tell what kind of engine it is until you actually see it
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:35 PM
how many miles and how much did they want for it? just wondering
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:35 PM
cavaliers came with a sport appearance option. the look of an ls sport but with the power of the ln2. 3 gears and drive mean 4sp auto .. lol if it doesnt have foglights chances are its an ln2.. but all you had to do was look at the vin it would have told you what motor was in it

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:44 PM
70,000 miles n no price on it, hav to call

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:50 PM
i dont see the point in buying it its probley going to be way overpriced why are you getting rid of your car anyway?
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 8:01 PM
Just want somethin newer, lower miles, n just diff from what I have now. Like having per options like windows n locks. N its kinda like a fresh slate. No fart can, no shot like cheap ads intakes, rlly stuff like that. Not an entirely diff car cause I love cabs but just ready for a diff car from what I hav now, they ask have an 00-02 sunfire with ground effects package. Thy was locked too. Both red. Both looked great.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 8:27 PM
please use spell check next time lol
Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:08 PM
cant you run the vin?

Saturday, February 12, 2011 2:25 PM
if its not an ls sport then it DOESN'T have the ecotec plain and simple ecotec only came in the ls sports in 02

Sunday, February 13, 2011 5:18 PM
Eco is Vin F is like the 8th spot. IIRC. I know its F im just not 100% which digit is the engine digit.

Monday, February 14, 2011 1:27 PM
There was the z24 in 02 and could have had the 2.4. Basically same car if the badges were removed.

Monday, February 14, 2011 2:45 PM
how bout you go pop the hood and look?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, February 14, 2011 3:10 PM
Do what everyone told you to do; Either run the VIN or wait for the dealership to open. We can't speculate on the engine type as '02 was the last year for the LN2.
Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:48 PM
Like everyone said, run the VIN..and F being the 8th digit is correct, 8th digit has always identified the engine type from sometime in the 80s til present.

The appearence can tell you too (assuming no one changed bumpers, etc). If there are no skirts, lips, or fog lights it would be a base or LS with the ln2. If it has side skirts, rear lip, fogs, and lss/z24 spoiler then its a z24 (and should have z24 badges on the fenders). If it's an LS Sport, it will have the whole ground effects kit (front, rear, sides), fog lamps, and lss/z24 spoiler...and I believe the ls sport came with the split 5 spoke wheels that you see on 03+ ls sports (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Now of course this isn't 100% fool proof, since it could have different trim level parts put on from repair, as well as the front lips liked to fall off alot. Best bet is to check the VIN or obvisouly, go look at it when the dealer is open

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:44 PM
EVILution (KGM Godfather) wrote:Like everyone said, run the VIN..and F being the 8th digit is correct, 8th digit has always identified the engine type from sometime in the 80s til present.

The appearence can tell you too (assuming no one changed bumpers, etc). If there are no skirts, lips, or fog lights it would be a base or LS with the ln2. If it has side skirts, rear lip, fogs, and lss/z24 spoiler then its a z24 (and should have z24 badges on the fenders). If it's an LS Sport, it will have the whole ground effects kit (front, rear, sides), fog lamps, and lss/z24 spoiler...and I believe the ls sport came with the split 5 spoke wheels that you see on 03+ ls sports (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Now of course this isn't 100% fool proof, since it could have different trim level parts put on from repair, as well as the front lips liked to fall off alot. Best bet is to check the VIN or obvisouly, go look at it when the dealer is open

This is exactly correct.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search