95 z - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
95 z
Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:16 PM
ok so i have a 95 cavalier z24 5spd, its got around 162k miles on engine and trans, i know that it has oil in the intake manifold, its leaking oil around the cam towers, needs a oil pan gasket, and needs lifters, what do you guys think i should do, get a 2.4 and just drop it in and go or take my 2.3 apart have it bored out, put a old school 2.3 oil pump secret cams, 2.3 intake manifold, header ? what do you guys think i should do?

Re: 95 z
Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:33 PM
I would stick to the 2.3. Has not given me any issues at all. I did rebuild it at 100k, but I had some extra cash and figured... why not. lol. Better safe than sorry.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:41 PM
Get a real 2.3L and forgo all the unnecessary machine work. Or better yet, put the money into stroking said real 2.3L and having 2.6L of raw N/A power.

like the rest of us have done.

Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:24 PM
if you guys know anyone who would want to buy the head off my 2.3l quad 4 its from my 95 z has 162k miles on it, can be rebuilt, im going to be selling the cam towers, the head, block all of it pretty soon. just let me know email me at crazygamercartman@gmail.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search