Registering a car team, Any tips to make it legit? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Registering a car team, Any tips to make it legit?
Saturday, May 07, 2011 6:59 PM
Hey everyone, Me and a few guys who have other SS's and cars were talking about starting up a car team today for cars in our tri-state area.

Now i have searched and cannot find anyone even mentioning the name we were thinking about and wanted to know what the legit way to register the name would be. I just want to make sure nobody else has it for sure 1 and 2 register it so i can start a online community and accept members through the internet and everything because the last thing i'd want is to get the domain and have it going then have it shut down.

I would sell decals of the website/forum which would help pay for the domain and website upgrades etc

I have plenty of web design and forum installation and modification knowledge so i just need to figure out what legal things to do.

Thanks for any help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, May 07, 2011 7:15 PM

Re: Registering a car team, Any tips to make it legit?
Sunday, May 08, 2011 7:52 AM
if you're that worried about it, file for a trademark on it

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, May 09, 2011 8:47 PM
How about you see if the web domain has been registered already? If not.. I'd say it's fair game.

It's the name of car club... not a product you're going to be selling and making a profit on. What's the deal with legal issues?

Monday, May 09, 2011 9:53 PM
Just have the club name LLC'd. Then no one can take the name and use it later and sue you or use it. Its cheap, and it what we did.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:47 PM
DMV tri state or what?

I'll eventually take the time to put something here. I swear.
Friday, May 20, 2011 6:14 AM
Include me in your group
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search