back around again - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
back around again
Sunday, May 29, 2011 8:33 AM
been a while since ive been around, my 03 sunfire coupe is down for a while, the engine went on my way home one night, so now i have a 2001 sunfire sedan 5speed for a DD while i get the coupe fixed up, will have some pics of both cars here soon

Re: back around again
Sunday, May 29, 2011 4:52 PM
Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the engine in the Coupe, but glad to hear you have another Sunfire for your DD! That's dedication right there ! Have you done anything to the Sedan? Do you have any plans for it? Looking forward to seeing pictures of both 'fires!

Sunday, May 29, 2011 8:03 PM
how did the engine 'went'? it was an eco right, forget to put oil in?

Monday, May 30, 2011 2:45 PM
not too many plans for the sedan, just changed the muffler, gonna put an intake on it, and 1 10" sub or something, nothing fancy

and i always kep it fullof oil between changes, but the previous owners put another engine in it so i have no idea about the mileage, oil changes, or anything about the engine

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:16 PM
Didnt you say it had timing tensioner problems or something?

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:34 PM
well heres some pics of the cars, ill start off with the coupe

heres the sedan, looks in worse shape than it really is

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:37 PM
TheSundownFire wrote:Didnt you say it had timing tensioner problems or something?

i dont think that was me, maybe it was, i dunno lol, either way the engine is blown

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:08 PM
Holy wtf spoiler.

Saturday, June 04, 2011 8:11 AM
TheSundownFire wrote:Holy wtf spoiler.

It's the RK Sport spoiler. It's not too bad looking, although IMO it would look better on a Sunfire with a body or lip kit. I do give him props though on getting rid of the factory spoiler. Most people that had/have that spoiler keep the factory spoiler on as well which just looks absolutely ridiculous.

@ dxdean3: I like the two tone you have going on on the Coupe ! Props on using the RK Sport spoiler without the factory spoiler. It looks so much better with just the one spoiler.

The Sedan's not bad looking except the rust along the bottom sides. A couple more cheap, easy things you could do would be remove the side moldings, badges on the front doors and the badge on the trunk panel. You should also remove the rear window stoppers so the rear windows go all the way down . The Sedan actually makes me miss my '02 Ultra Silver Metallic Sedan .

Sunday, June 05, 2011 12:45 AM
Thanks, I didn't plan on getting the spoiler, but I got it cheap so I said why not, I do plan on trying to make my own lip kit this summer, I also plan on fixing most of the rust on the sedan next weekend, maybe remove the mouldings and bages while I'm at it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search