GM to bring back Chevy Cavalier - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM to bring back Chevy Cavalier
Thursday, April 01, 2010 5:48 PM
Breaking News!
The New Cavalier Goes to Production.
Lordstown will build it.

On April 1st, at the New York Auto show ,Bob Lutz announced that GM will build an all-new version of the Cavalier.
The overwhelmingly enthusiastic response to the Cavalier continues to remind me of the uniquely iconic place our products can have in customers’ hearts,” Lutz said. Cavalier is much more than a car; it symbolizes America's spirit and its love affair with the automobile.”

The coming of the all-new, 2012 Cavalier will begin with early production versions at the end of 2010 and will go on-sale in the third quarter of 2011
in another statement, on April 1st that the Lordstown assembly plant will assemble the new version of the Cavalier, which will only be available as a two door coupe and a convertible. It will share a platform with the upcoming Chevy Cruze.

The new Camaro will be a thoroughly modern interpretation of the 2003 model, considered by many to be the best design of the car’s third
generation,” said Ed Welburn, GM's global vice president of design, who owns a 2003 Cavalier LS sedan. The front-engine,front-drive
sport coupe and convertible will feature an independent rear suspension, and will be offered in a variety of models with the choice of manual or automatic transmissions and Ecotec Engines.

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!!!!!!!!!!

GOT YA ON THIS ONE. HAHAHA

Re: GM to bring back Chevy Cavalier
Thursday, April 01, 2010 6:31 PM
Walter Losey wrote:The new Camaro will be a thoroughly modern interpretation of the 2003 model, considered by many to be the best design of the car’s third generation,” said Ed Welburn,

you fail due to this line.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Thursday, April 01, 2010 6:38 PM
Walter Losey wrote:

GOT YA ON THIS ONE. HAHAHA

No you didnt. Everyone knows GM is not going to bring back a POS economy car.

Thursday, April 01, 2010 6:48 PM
AYE FAWK YOU MANG!!!!!

Thursday, April 01, 2010 8:42 PM
Why did this go in BOTH here and P&M?

You sir fail.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Friday, April 02, 2010 4:12 AM
heck i just looked at the subject title and new it was fake lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, April 03, 2010 12:10 PM
you sir....FAIL!

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, April 03, 2010 4:20 PM
sndsgood wrote:heck i just looked at the subject title and new it was fake lol

Same here.

We all know if they were going to bring any J back it would be the Sunfire (when they inevitably resurrect Pontiac) not the Cavalier .

Sunday, April 04, 2010 5:35 AM
i really hope i don't see a day that another GM car gets the RPO code "Z24"

Friday, November 11, 2011 5:03 PM
I think the name Cavalier will be back one day. Still won't be a jBody.

FU Tuning

Friday, November 11, 2011 6:04 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:I think the name Cavalier will be back one day. Still won't be a jBody.
i agree with this...

Friday, November 11, 2011 10:52 PM
I want to see a 86 hatch back cavalier come back.Dreaming I am and NO roundEEEEEiness and cheap azz plastic hdlight lens,and weigh 3500 lbs.Oh sorry I was dreaming.I actually pulled some parts off a 86 hatch this wk pull a part yard(sigh) best body style to me.Tired,long day and my fav beverage!First gen are my choice,biased I am,but well made they were.Cav name needs to roll back around no ?.

Saturday, November 12, 2011 9:10 AM
^^ its hard to argue with that statement. id love to have a grey 1st gen z24 hatchback basically stock looking, slightly lowered on black chrome 95-99 z wheels that have been widened to 7.5" with a 3900 LZ9 V6 swap.

the one someone posted up in p&m a few years back comes to mind, i can never find that thread though.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search