Parts - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Parts
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 6:14 PM
just cuz i wanna see who here thinks the same way i do.

When i replace something on my car with an aftermarket part, i generally give away whatever came off if someone needs it. who is the same? i dont mean sell, i mean give away. or if i have a part that i bought but never got around too, i sell it for stupid cheap.

Re: Parts
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:38 PM
ive been trying to do the same man but most people want aftermarket too, ive been holding onto quite a few parts for a while, figure if some one doesnt use them i can always put the car back to stock and sell the aftermarket parts

Modding my j since I found the org
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:10 PM
You KNOW if you insert this at the end of your link I assume for your sig [/IMG] your sig WILL show.YOU have it like [IMG] you left the / off before IMG.Always DO the PREVIEW before you do any pictures or update your signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO in short go to your home,see your page and insert at THE END of your link [/IMG] this will fix it,and preview it before hand,then save.Ok

Thursday, November 24, 2011 5:07 AM
hahah thanks buddy i havent really been paying attention, i tried doing it yesterday but didnt check, have a happy thanksgiving guys

Modding my j since I found the org
Friday, November 25, 2011 7:28 AM
I typically try to do the same. Im more than happy to help people save money when possible.

If I have something I dont need and someone else does, I will either give it to them for free or really cheap(they always pay shipping).

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Friday, November 25, 2011 9:17 AM
im usually the same, unless i know its a part i came make some good money selling or im in need of money

Sunday, December 11, 2011 11:21 PM
I like to keep my stock parts if theyre still decent. Just because I always like to have the possibility to get my car back to stock quickly if I find something Id rather have. I think Id have better luck selling it stock than modified.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, December 12, 2011 10:14 AM

Monday, December 12, 2011 6:37 PM
I'm 50/50.

There are some stock parts I will hang onto, in case I need a replacement in a pinch...for instance i still have my stock manifold and throttle body sitting around just in case. But stuff like a sway bar of radio I'll give away/sell super cheap...things that I don't NEED to have on the car to operate.

And I've sold my share of aftermarket parts that I ended up never using for cheap...I look at this way, I've been fortunate to get some really killer deals from people here and other forums, so why not pass that along to others when possible.

Sunday, December 18, 2011 4:03 PM
I made the mistake of getting rid of most, if not all, stock parts from my Sunfires. This proved to be a major PITA when it was time to return them to stock to sell/trade in.

With the Vibe, although I plan on having it forever, I am not going to make the same mistake. I have all my stock parts in the box that my K&N CAI came in. I even have the seemingly un-important parts like the OEM antenna . The only stock part I've gotten rid of is the carpeted floor mats. I will never use them again since I have the GM rubber mats, so I let them go for cheap to a fellow GenViber. Everything else is staying in the box in the very unlikely case I ever decide to get rid of the Vibe.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:04 PM
well since everyone aparently has parts layiing around to give why doesn't someone put up what they have because i am in need for some things....interior pieces and little things. my car was just broken into and torn to crap. so anywanna wanna help out?

Little Sedan That Could <3 Forever

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:16 PM
What do you need? If you post what needs to be swapped you'll get faster results.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:19 PM
I need a manual center console. Driver side a-pillar. Dash bezel. And that little strip plastic piece nearest to the front window. Rotors.

Little Sedan That Could <3 Forever

Friday, December 30, 2011 7:56 AM
TheSundownFire wrote:I like to keep my stock parts if theyre still decent. Just because I always like to have the possibility to get my car back to stock quickly if I find something Id rather have. I think Id have better luck selling it stock than modified.

this.

i just dont see how people and get rid of their stock parts, honestly. i have seen SOOOO many threads with people asking for stock parts so they can put their car back to stock and sell it.

i have pretty much everything i have ever taken off my cars as far as parts go. and im a die hard lol i dont think ill ever sell but if i ever need to the parts will be there and waiting for me.

i cant tell you guys how many times friends have came over and needed something to get them home or fix something on their j's. i try to help them out best i can and its nice that i can do that. when they come over they know if something goes wrong that i will more than likely have the parts to get them home if need be.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search