how good of shape is your cavalier? - Page 3 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: how good of shape is your cavalier?
Sunday, January 08, 2012 9:05 PM
5/10 for my 98Z, mechanicaly sound, but the PO let it sit in the sun with no wax for what seems like years, hood, roof and trunk were faded badly and he let his kids take brush-on Rustoleum to the top half of the car.. only a couple door dings tho

Monday, January 09, 2012 9:31 AM
'99 Z24- 246,000 miles. Every panel is scratched. Driver's fender dented. Driver's Door dented at fender. Passenger side dog-leg is rotted above the the plastic side skirt. Passenger door is rotted at the bottom. Door window switch only powers one window. Front part of dash at windshield is cracked. Interior is dirty even when it's clean. Second Engine, Second transmission. Needs Timing Chain. Needs Flexpipe at exhaust OR may need a new manifold due to a crack. Door panels don't want to stay connected at the window (many broken plastic clips. Sound system has been reduced from 1,400 watts/CD/ 3 amps, to an outdated Kenwood cassette deck that only plays the radio, the driver's door speaker and both rear dash speakers. Removed subs, blew amps and one speaker. Car travels 100 miles a day for the last 8 years. Bought it with 21,000 miles. NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT! No idiot lights on at all.

Toyota Cavalier tailights seem to be worth more than the car their connected too!

You Must Be Fast, 'Cuz I Was Haulin' Ass When I passed You!!!
1999 Cavalier Z24 w/ Toyota Cavalier tail lights.
1988 Buick LeSabre T-Type
1983 Buick Regal T-Type
Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:29 PM
Mine looks good (I think), Yeah I got a few small dings, some small rusting on bottom of passenger front door (took it to bare metal and put some rust stop paint on it), A stratch on the back door thats about 4-5 inches long (I did it), and a little rust on the hood (once again, took it to bare metal and put the rust stop paint on it). When I really want my car to look good, I work on her all day with a few tricks up my sleeve to hide some of the imperfections.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:28 PM
mine's is banged up hit 2 deers on passenger side and drivers side rust on both rear quarter panel starting to rust front bottom doors.... now at 211,700 miles all original engine and trans just did 1,550 mile round trip and hit 30-31 mpg at avg of 75-90 mph i for sure got my money worth 7 yrs ago i only paid $3600 for 90,000 miles on it for a 5 yr old car!

2000 base cavalier 3 speed auto at 212,100 as of 1/24/12
2000 Buick regal gs (Supercharged) 150,000 miles http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll430/crossout80/?albumview=slideshow
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search