Torque app settings - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Torque app settings
Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:22 PM
So I recently got the torque app and have been using it for among other things, calculating fuel economy. I have a 2200 and the app is telling me I am averaging 25-26 miles per gallon, but last time I filled up I approximated by dividing trip miles by gas put in and got about 21.5 mpg. Which of these seems more accurate for a stock motor? I only put in the displacement (2.2L), weight (2800 lbs), and fuel capacity (14.3 US gallons) into the app's settings. Do I need to adjust any parameters to obtain a more accurate reading?

Re: Torque app settings
Friday, January 18, 2013 5:12 AM
I've got a stock sunfire too and i just have the normal settings on and it seems to be pretty accurate for me. Maybe you got less because of idle time?
Friday, January 18, 2013 10:11 AM
Its probably just off that much from idle time and things it cant monitor. I never set mine up... it said i was getting 59 lol

Have a nice day.
Friday, January 18, 2013 3:52 PM
I dont think my mpg in Torque has ever matched actual. Haven't played with the parameters much though, as i stopped caring about mpg on my '04 long ago, haha.

What trans? My '98 2200 with a 3 speed gets like 22-23 on average. Best i ever got all highway was 28.

Saturday, January 19, 2013 6:16 PM
It's an '02 manual, so the getgrag.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search