JB international 600+ members - Page 2 - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: JB international 600+ members
Saturday, June 29, 2013 8:40 PM
Nice pictures rolling at JB international.

twicebornZ24

Saturday, June 29, 2013 10:20 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:I don't understand why a Facebook group is even necessary. Why bother? Why not just tell all of them to come here, where there's already a ton of info and a much better way of communicating?

Exactly. That's why I don't bother with those groups in general..

Groups suck. I'd rather just pick those I like and go with them...

I have a few J body peeps on FB, and if I know you from here (like weas), I'd take a request, but beyond that. nope.......

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Saturday, June 29, 2013 10:22 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:I just don't do Facebook.

Good for far away friends and classmates, not so much for a/s/s/mates.....

http://www.autotalk.com/pictures/data/1536/medium/2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_Xtreme_002_autotalk_com_.jpg
Monday, July 01, 2013 1:12 AM
twicebornZ24 wrote:IS SHOW TIME AT J BODY INTERNATIONAL

Yup, biggest 3 ring circus in town...plenty of clown cars too.

Monday, July 01, 2013 4:38 PM
I am a stone cold stunter. Do you know what I am saying?

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 6:42 AM
Brian wrote:I am a stone cold stunter. Do you know what I am saying?

LOL! I don't think I've seen that smilie before, but it's awesome!

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 11:30 PM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:
twicebornZ24 wrote:IS SHOW TIME AT J BODY INTERNATIONAL

Yup, biggest 3 ring circus in town...plenty of clown cars too.

aww come one now.. there a few nice cars on there lol

Saturday, July 06, 2013 6:48 AM
Saturday, July 06, 2013 8:36 AM
Or you could direct all those members here where they can actually get quality information...

Sunday, July 07, 2013 5:47 AM
Cruisin4DrCav wrote:Or you could direct all those members here where they can actually get quality information...

You'd be surprised how many times someone says to search something on here, ecotecforum, etc...but they don't have time for that. Stupid kids don't know how to leave facebook, haha!

Monday, July 08, 2013 9:10 AM
Ive pointed people to ecotecforum and jbody a few times..but it definitely falls on deaf ears (or blind eyes? lol).
there are a few people that have decent rides there, but Ill agree that a huge majority are just show queens that dont even go for quality custom builds, but quick F&F kind of bolt on upgrades.

I understand what twiceborn is trying to do, but good ideas stop at conception when you allow anyone to join without setting a few rules for proper etiquette. It becomes a Chuck E Cheese for tuner wannabes.

To those who keep wondering why they dont just all come here...rethink that statement. Maybe the group is sort of a filter, sifting out those who actually want to do anything of quality to their cars. Its like a table for kids, the adults will eat at the jbody.org table

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 08, 2013 11:49 AM

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Monday, July 08, 2013 9:28 AM
Id be happy if everyone came here. This isnt some elite club. I REALLY REALLY hate when people act like it is. I came onto here at the age of 16 completely ignorant to anything automotive besides knowing that I wanted a body kit and some Lambo doors. I've learned a lot in the last few years and all of this was spawned by a few nice people here who took me under their wings and taught me a lot: Jeffie, Kyle, Shawn (Mr. Quick), Jeffrey (Lanman) and probably a few that I'm forgetting.

Everyone has the potential to learn its just a matter of if they want to or not. If they do, feed them. If not, fuck them.

If only one person got something useful or helpful out of this place or a post I made Id be happy.

Monday, July 08, 2013 8:46 PM
place is ridicules. tell them your opinion and they all get butt hurt...

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 1:06 AM
one example this guy Fulgore Martinez

and his car

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:11 AM
lol...it looks like he painted those wheels without properly masking off the tire...

I dont think its a bad idea to tell ppl about jbo, but the issue is most of the jbi people will not research even if you provide the links to material, nor take advice with an open mind but rather argue. The culture is also different as many of the members of jbi are not in the United States...theres a different standard to cars in Mexico or other parts of the world (more show than go), at least from what Ive always seen. There, if its colorful and has big protruding features (hood orniments, spoilers, etc) regardless of build quality, then its tasteful. To each their own, but i love see certain jbo/ef members interject with a single comment and it sparks a riot...very entertaining lol

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:21 AM
Oh the .org. I love this place lol. Even though I don't have a jbody anymore, I'll probably always lurk here.

We use facebook groups for our car club. Now that's easier to post something and have a notification go to everyone's phone, especially when coordinating meets and stuff.

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:01 PM
I think I might join. Just to feel better about myself.

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:27 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:I don't want to fuel a flame war here or anything... but is anyone else thinkin' Icy Hot Stuntaz here?? Anyone??

Don't worry... these guys are too young to know...

Holy balls that brings back memories!!!!!!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 8:00 PM
j-body.org 52,673 members

</thread>

To contact a moderator, please send a direct message to the moderator account. Please
note you must be logged in to send messages to this account.

Please include a link if you are contacting us regarding a thread.

DO NOT SEND PRIVATE MESSAGES TO THIS ACCOUNT, USE THE LINK ABOVE.
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search