Does anyone know this car? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Does anyone know this car?
Monday, June 10, 2013 7:15 AM
Ok, so it's been a while since I've posted, just haven't been around much since I stopped modding my 05. The 05 died, the person I let drive it didn't realize that engines need oil and ran it out. It died on the ride of the road scared, cold and alone, in a puddle of it's own fluids. Since I have a lot of parts, I figured I'd pick up a new 03+ cav to drive... why are people still asking 4-6k for 10 year old cars? I paid $4k in 05 for my 05.... I did find one, that is mostly ok. The previous owner(s) went a different route than I would of on the build

Does anyone recognize the car? Would of came from West Virginia I think.

Mods I know about..
RK Sport Hood

K&N CAI
APR Aluminum Wing
Polk Speakers
Panasonic (I think) Head Unit
Konig Unknown (the rim its the "Unknown' model) with Yokohama rubber
Unknown body vinyl (if anyone knows what body graphics they are, let me know, I like em)
Big fart can and red dome lights

Just trying to see if it was originally from anyone here. The ride is what I would call rough, some might call it stiff. Not sure it someone paid to get it that way, or stuff just wore out, or I'm too used to driving my truck now.

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Re: Does anyone know this car?
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 1:20 AM
wtf is up with the double spoiler? decals look to be like the fast and furious ones from the integra in the first movie.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5:36 AM
Grimor wrote: why are people still asking 4-6k for 10 year old cars?

Hurricane Sandy and other natural disasters last year depleted the used car market on top of Obama's genius scrap idea. I was looking locally recently and was shocked to find cars with 60,000+ miles going for over $10,000, some were as old as 2006.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 6:20 AM
Azncav (was static) wrote:wtf is up with the double spoiler? decals look to be like the fast and furious ones from the integra in the first movie.

Double Spoiler?????
Don't you mean "Triple Spoiler"?
1 OEM
2 Level Aluminum.

3 Spoiler FTW!!!

lol
Friday, June 14, 2013 6:56 AM
Lol, you should of seen the shake on it going down the road even at 60... It was actually pulling the trunk lid back enough that the trunk fills with water in the rain.

I found a good home for it though, looks sweet on my trailblazer... I just need one for the hood now too, since it's 4WD.

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Friday, June 14, 2013 9:16 AM
lol, did he seriously bend the antennae around the spoiler?

Friday, June 14, 2013 1:24 PM
blucavvy wrote:lol, did he seriously bend the antennae around the spoiler?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA I literally scrolled back up... saw it and busted out laughing.
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:15 AM
blucavvy wrote:lol, did he seriously bend the antennae around the spoiler?

duuuuuuude you know you can't be gettin nuffin in da way of all dat down force

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:05 AM
I recognize that car..... its a former friend of mine named Evan... It spent 2 years in ohio then 2 years in michigan at Ferris State where i attended college with him..... then we graduated he moved to virginia and traded it..... funny to see this again.... though id never see it on jbody again

Erik Packard
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:12 AM
Ricozero wrote:I recognize that car..... its a former friend of mine named Evan... It spent 2 years in ohio then 2 years in michigan at Ferris State where i attended college with him..... then we graduated he moved to virginia and traded it..... funny to see this again.... though id never see it on jbody again

Ah, the mystery has been solved. was he the one that did all the mods on it, or has it evolved since then?

Seems like an aftermarket shifter and clutch. (even with 5th gear synchro shot) it does well. I did have to cut the fart can off though.

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:59 PM
It had a B&M as far as i know at least it had a B&M billet knob when he owned it..... i know he put the wing on it as an inside joke (about the downforce on a fwd car)... also yes as far as i know when he had it we installed a clutchmaster stage 2 clutch on service floor... and the graphics were custom made by him (he was big into that vinyl stuff in school).... also as far as i know he had a aem short ram on it and the rk sport hood was discovered in a junkyard in the big rapids michigan area.... A steal for $40 bucks.... but yes glad to see the car had made a GOOD new home

Erik Packard

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 5:41 PM
Def a good deal on the hood if he found it for $40. Needs a chip fixed and some paint but other than that it's in good shape. He did a good job on the vinyl, I like the silver/red fade (pretty sure it's not just sun fade) Do you know when he traded it? 2010? 2011?

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:04 AM
i believe he traded it in late 2010 possiably early 2011 and yeah he was more of a body guy.... i always did love that graphic... no its not sun fade he designed it that way

Erik Packard
Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:58 PM
Why did I get a malware alert when I came to this thread?...

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:33 PM
Sparky15_00 (Corsica Dude) wrote:Why did I get a malware alert when I came to this thread?...

OP's sig is hosted by supermotors.org. Chrome reports that domain is serving up malware. I've looked into it and haven't found anything harmful in this thread. If the warnings continue though, I may block sigs hosted by that domain.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:21 PM
Dave wrote:
Sparky15_00 (Corsica Dude) wrote:Why did I get a malware alert when I came to this thread?...

OP's sig is hosted by supermotors.org. Chrome reports that domain is serving up malware. I've looked into it and haven't found anything harmful in this thread. If the warnings continue though, I may block sigs hosted by that domain.

I forgot all about supermotors, I haven't updated my sig in.... heck I don't know when I last updated it.

I'll toss it on my host tomorrow if I remember.

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Friday, June 21, 2013 1:36 PM
rice.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:03 PM
JM Graphics & Signs wrote:rice.

if you can duplicate the graphics on the side, I'll buy some rice from ya

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:02 PM
If you can get a better photo of the side i can do it for you. Shoot me a PM.

Monday, July 01, 2013 8:19 AM
I'll try to get some pics tonight and shoot em over to you

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Thursday, July 04, 2013 3:56 PM
Sounds good, Thanks!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search