ANDROID APP - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ANDROID APP
Friday, July 12, 2013 7:24 AM
WHO THINKS WE NEED TO GET SOMEONE TO DESIGN AN APP FOR US?

Re: ANDROID APP
Friday, July 12, 2013 7:39 AM
It's been talked about before... and I believe the general consensus is the site is easy enough to navigate with a smartphone.

Friday, July 12, 2013 8:31 AM
any iphone users out there? how do you go about putting your iphone pictures onto the site directly?
i know there is a photobucket app but the rating is a one star with horrible reviews
Friday, July 12, 2013 8:32 AM
I kinda expect there's about zero chance of anyone ever making an app. This site is based on software that's way too extensively modified for the effort to ever really pay off.

Friday, July 12, 2013 4:48 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:I kinda expect there's about zero chance of anyone ever making an app. This site is based on software that's way too extensively modified for the effort to ever really pay off.

Winner.

Besides not needed.

FU Tuning

Friday, July 12, 2013 6:18 PM
There will not be an android or an iphone app anytime in the foreseeable future. That doesn't mean never, but I never rule anything out. If at some point in the future there really is a need, there may end up being an app.

For now I am leaning in another direction. I'll give you all a sneak peek of a VERY rough and early version of something I'm working on. It will probably be some time before it is actually implemented, and it is likely to change drastically before then. It is a responsive design, meaning it scales down very well and will work great on mobile devices and tablets.

Premium members will have early access to beta testing this new design. I have no set timeframe as of now, but I am hoping beta testing can begin in a few months and it can go live before the end of the year. When I know more, it will be posted in the AG forum first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 12, 2013 6:18 PM
Attachments
screen-capture.jpg (74k)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Friday, July 12, 2013 11:26 PM
Dave: I like the screen cap you sent me earlier... with the forums listing still on the left, vs the right...

Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:33 AM
i like how easy everything is to use on here, as is. i dont think we should change a thing!

Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:50 PM
Yeah... maybe it's familiarity since I know the core of this software is ancient, but I've never really had any complains about this forum so far as the user experience goes. It's quite well done as it is, Dave!

Out of curiosity... what are you actually driving these days? Is it actually the Vibe and Titan listed in your profile? Any chance you might start another site that might catch one the way this one did? I mean... there's not a whole lot of point in developing your own software just for the GME sites as the other two don't seem to have really taken hold. Sadly, this one will diminish over as the platform disappears but if you're working on something new and exciting... I sure hope the Internet will make a new home for it!

Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:17 PM
There are plans to expand the GME...

more to come...

Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:37 PM
Kyle (GME Chat) wrote:There are plans to expand the GME...

more to come...

If that is the case, then im never going to leave...

Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:56 PM
I think the org is good as is, other than deleting stickys, updated library.

Coloring I think s prefect for your eyes. Screen shot posted is too bright.

FYI I'm posting on my ipad mini right now, and most days. No issues.

FU Tuning

Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:47 PM
I've been using a smartphone on the forum for over a year now.. the only complaint I have is its sometimes hard to select certain forum categories if zoomed out too far, and the text box for typing a new thread/reply is hard to see all of what you typed if zoomed in, and hard to see the text if too far out. Though I try to not write novels its not so bad usually. Way easier to navigate here than any other forum I have visited from my phone.

Have a nice day.
Monday, July 15, 2013 3:01 AM
This site works fine on my Droid.

Monday, July 15, 2013 8:36 AM
YEAH I WAS JUST CURIOUS, THE SITE IS PRETTY USER FRIENDLY AS IS NO COMPLAINTS THERE, I WAS JUST THINKING IF THERE WAS AN APP MORE PEOPLE WOULD JOIN! (ITS OBVIOUSLY TOO MUCH OF AN EFFORT TO JOIN IF THERE IS NO APP TO SOME PEOPLE!) OH AND CAPLOCS BECAUSE IM ON MY WORK COMPUTER AND I AM TOO LAZY TO KEEP SWITCHING OVER HAHA
Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:17 PM
People use their phone to get on the internet? I didn't even realize that was possible.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search