Rant, sorry needed to vent. - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rant, sorry needed to vent.
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:19 PM
So my cavalier was running perfectly, and then all of the sudden, it wants to grind violently and random vibrations everywhere and now half the damn cluster lights burnt out, and the EVAP is driving me @!#$ nuts, what's next??? Is these cars designed to break constantly at 125,000 miles or what?! Doesn't help that I have a minimum wage job and can't ever have free money because my car is constantly screwing me in the ass. Just fixed the brake lines and power steering in this damn thing. I don't drive like a maniac or anything. Okay, rant over.

Re: Rant, sorry needed to vent.
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:36 PM
Do the grinds and vibrations feel break related sense you just had the lines done all ways check what you just did to the car it may be causing the problems
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:32 PM
No, it continually grinds at 15 mph. I'm not even mad anymore because I love the cavy too much.
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 5:36 AM
More information on the grinding noise. Does it feel like it's coming from the front or the rear? Engine? Transmission? Does it happen with speed or rpm? Only when you hit the brakes?

Cluster could be a bad ground. Check the ground that goes to the bell housing bolt.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:02 PM
It's either the hub bearing or the cv joint/axle. It grinds when I go from 1st into 2nd so is not the tranny. When I cruise at 55mph, if I turn the wheel SLIGHTLY to the left, it starts to grind until I let go and it's fine. Just don't want to throw random parts at it since I have access to an auto shop to do any work myself
Saturday, December 21, 2013 4:12 AM
Sounds like possibly a bad wheel bearing to me. As far as the cluster issue, use the Russian method and smack the cluster with your hand. More than likely a bad connection or you could have bad bulbs.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, December 22, 2013 4:36 PM
wheel bearing sounds like a constant grind in the front they usually start makin grinding noises either left or right when they first go bad
Sunday, December 22, 2013 7:56 PM
Pretty sure it's the bearing on the left side. Is it easy to do it at home?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search