How did i do? New J-body owner. Recent Buy - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How did i do? New J-body owner. Recent Buy
Friday, March 28, 2014 10:12 PM
Just bought this one owner 1984 Cavalier. Wanted to know if i made a good buy or not. It is all original with 64k miles. I bought it for just under $1100. Purchased from the original owner who bought it new 30 years ago. Here are some pics of it
Attachments
IMG_6549.jpg (358k)
IMG_6548.jpg (442k)
IMG_6547.jpg (426k)
IMG_6532.jpg (533k)

Re: How did i do? New J-body owner. Recent Buy
Friday, March 28, 2014 11:52 PM
Wow....very nice!

Rare to find them in that good of shape! Paint even looks good....

What are your plans for it?

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Saturday, March 29, 2014 6:51 AM
I'm going to fix it up and get it running really good and smooth and use it as my DD commuter. I wanted something fun and different to drive to work. And the gas milage is good.
Saturday, March 29, 2014 8:53 PM
Great find and awesome deal in my opinion. Paint, body, and interior looks to be in great shape. Any problems with it running?
Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:20 PM
It shudders when it's stopped and in gear and my foot is on the brakes. If I do it long enough te check engine light comes on and throws P0300 for random misfire. And code P0174 for system too lean (bank 2). I replaced plugs and wires and still doing it. Not sure what to do next. I'm wondering if it's misfiring because it's to lean. Or running to lean because it's misfiring.
Sunday, March 30, 2014 12:24 AM
Please repost this in the 1st gen forum and I will reread and think this over.I am def a 1st gen junkie and KNOW these cars.I am just super tired and those codes are not actual obd1 codes.I can better diagnos the issues when not worn out.Nice find and come over to our little group and share your new ride!!! Ron

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search