BCC no 140 cluster - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
BCC no 140 cluster
Tuesday, December 02, 2014 11:59 AM
Emailed them, they no longer offer it. Found a 220kmh cluster on eBay. If I plugged that into my 05 in theory it should read everything correctly right? Trip and odometer will obviously be wrong. But speedo wise if I just look at the little numbers it should still be calibrated to read mph correctly right? If it will work maybe I can find another company to just make me a 140 overlay for it.

Re: BCC no 140 cluster
Wednesday, December 03, 2014 3:20 AM
Akizzem wrote:Emailed them, they no longer offer it. Found a 220kmh cluster on eBay. If I plugged that into my 05 in theory it should read everything correctly right? Trip and odometer will obviously be wrong. But speedo wise if I just look at the little numbers it should still be calibrated to read mph correctly right? If it will work maybe I can find another company to just make me a 140 overlay for it.

Trip and odometer are saved in the BCM. They should be right, but not sure if they convert to KM.

Why do you want a 140mph cluster?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, December 03, 2014 8:08 AM
I was just interested in it mostly for looks I know I'd never trap faster than 110 anyway at least not right now. I just thought it gives the interior more of a sporty feel and less econobox. But in reality that's what it is haha. I guess I'm fine with the stock cluster but I really want blue LEDs in it. I've searched so I know you cant remove the needles. But what if I de-solder each stepper motor and remove the board with those still attached to the needles? Or can I buy the older style stepper motors and a set of older needles? I think I just need to pick up a couple of used clusters and just try it. Worst case I'll be out $75
Wednesday, December 03, 2014 5:48 PM
The 140mph BCC clusters are sweet. Tragic that they no longer make them. The cluster needed to be reprogrammed because it would interpret the signal from the BCM to be km and thus your odometer "mileage" would be higher than your actual mileage.

Wednesday, December 03, 2014 6:23 PM
I'm not worried about the mileage being off. I would put the Mph cluster back in if I was to ever sell the car. BCC told me they would be able to make me a 140mph overlay for the Canadian cluster but the speedo would look terrible at night because the light would have to shine through the kmh numbers.
Wednesday, December 03, 2014 9:44 PM
You take the old overlay off. The issue is the odometer is always in kph without programming it. I thought about getting the overlay and using hptuners to calibrate the stock speedo but I'm not sure if it will work.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, December 03, 2014 10:03 PM
I don't really need to know the mileage for anything other than oil changes but I only drive to work and school so I know when I've gone about 3k miles. Its not the end of the world if it reads in km. I also wasn't aware that you could remove the factory gauge face, I thought it was part of the cluster. I'll have to get one and take it apart and see how it works if the stock face is built in or if it's removeable. If it is I would just cut it off so I can leave the needles on and slide the new one on like any other gauge face over the needles.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search