Reminder to check your oil/dont ignore knocking. - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Reminder to check your oil/dont ignore knocking.
Friday, April 24, 2015 5:39 AM
Driving down the interstate... and this happened to me today.

So remember folks, Don't ignore the starting of engine knock.. Or you could be like me and have this happen.

Re: Reminder to check your oil/dont ignore knocking.
Friday, April 24, 2015 6:07 AM
Joshua Clinedinst wrote:Driving down the interstate... and this happened to me today.

So remember folks, Don't ignore the starting of engine knock.. Or you could be like me and have this happen.

Look on the bright side...you now have a nifty window in which you can check the internal engine components!
Friday, April 24, 2015 7:48 AM
Right?!?! Trying to decide If i want to part this car out or drop a used engine in it.
Friday, April 24, 2015 8:53 AM
Joshua Clinedinst wrote:Right?!?! Trying to decide If i want to part this car out or drop a used engine in it.

Used engines are pretty inexpensive and relatively simple to swap out. I'd personally go that route.
Friday, April 24, 2015 2:52 PM
Jason Stroud wrote:
Joshua Clinedinst wrote:Right?!?! Trying to decide If i want to part this car out or drop a used engine in it.

Used engines are pretty inexpensive and relatively simple to swap out. I'd personally go that route.

I'm trying to find one decently priced.

Here is a picture of the head with valve cover removed. I'm pretty sure I got lucky and didnt destroy the head atleast..

Monday, April 27, 2015 7:40 AM
I found several across VA using car-part.com in the $400-$500 range. Many of these places offer a warranty of at least 90 days as well.
Friday, May 01, 2015 6:37 AM
Jason Stroud wrote:I found several across VA using car-part.com in the $400-$500 range. Many of these places offer a warranty of at least 90 days as well.

Mind linking me some bud? I live in WV and I'm going to have the cash to buy one next week.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search