2002 Sunfire ABS, Traction Control & Service Light Comes on intermittently. - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 Sunfire ABS, Traction Control & Service Light Comes on intermittently.
Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:21 AM
I have a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire that has an ABS, Traction Control and Service light that keeps appearing after driving for a few minutes. Usually comes on after hitting a crack or pothole in the road. The brake pedal pulsates multiple times and then all three lights appear and I lose my ABS and Traction Control. Anyone know what could be causing this? Maybe loose or shorted wiring? Thanks.

Re: 2002 Sunfire ABS, Traction Control & Service Light Comes on intermittently.
Tuesday, November 10, 2015 4:53 AM
Pat Fogarty wrote:I have a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire that has an ABS, Traction Control and Service light that keeps appearing after driving for a few minutes. Usually comes on after hitting a crack or pothole in the road. The brake pedal pulsates multiple times and then all three lights appear and I lose my ABS and Traction Control. Anyone know what could be causing this? Maybe loose or shorted wiring? Thanks.

It is the ground, or one of the main grounds that go from engine / trans. Also, you probably have a short in one of your ABS wires...and/or a sensor is going bad.

Either case can cause this.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, November 26, 2015 3:13 PM
Could it be something with one of the wheel speed sensors?

Thursday, November 26, 2015 7:40 PM
I'm willing to bet it's the wheel speed sensor. Had one go bad after bumping into it while changing sway bar bushings. I'd be driving, hit a bump and the same symptoms occurred. Hard part is figuring out which one. I knew because I bumped the one. Stupidly easy to fix though, 60$ wiring harness. Cut the wiring from the old and splice the new. Maybe an hour, if that.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search