Roll Call - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Roll Call
Saturday, April 24, 2021 5:51 PM
Roll call! Who is still building, buying, driving their J in 2021?
Attachments
20200913_195759_HDR.jpg (1468k)

Turbocharged '04 Cavalier

Re: Roll Call
Sunday, April 25, 2021 9:37 AM
Driving my pretty much stock 2000 Z24 convertible with 63K on the odometer.
Attachments
1204-.jpg (76k)

Sunday, April 25, 2021 6:54 PM
I don't even have a car, I'm in college. I'm on here since the J-body seems like a cheap platform with decent aftermarket support with the Ecotec. I want something that's easy to wrench on and cheap.
Tuesday, April 27, 2021 3:59 PM
Still here and still driving my red daily driver 99 sedan. Covid has most likely extended its life as it never ventured out into salt this past winter.

All of the clear coat has now completely departed from the hood and also most of the roof so it has taken on somewhat of a matte finish.

The upper bodies seem to hold out much better on the sedans vs. the coupes for rust and all of the rust on my sedan is underneath and in particular on the rear subframe areas.

I replaced the brake lines that were failing due to corrosion with stainless so I feel much safer with respect to brakes.

Still no cracks in my dash but only because I swapped in one from a 95.

Overall, it still runs great and I enjoy how it feels vs. more modern cars in terms of feel to the road.

I also still have my 98 sedan (aka "The Unicorn) with the 5-speed manual. That one is my real J-body keeper and is running but is laying low for now in a garage.

When i do register it I will probably go for the historic plates. When I find some spare time I will probably swap dashes with the one in my 99 to give it the more crack resistant 95 dash.

99LN2
Tuesday, April 27, 2021 4:38 PM
I'm still here and driving 3 of my cars. The 88 wagon, the 88 coupe and the 92 convertible. Still haven't done anything to the 94 coupe. Currently buying up straight drive parts, for future swaps.

I need to get my S10 together, to give the cars a break.

I've not seen a 2nd gen on the road in quite some time now. There's a few in old junk yards around my area. Little by little I keep building up my parts supply. Looking into getting some clips for the lower quarter window trim piece. I've got a couple that are not broken. Hoping they can reproduce these via 3D printing. I've got to take one to them for scanning. We'll see how it goes.

Anyway, I still love these old cars. I'll continue to be their caretaker as long as I'm able.
Tuesday, April 27, 2021 5:36 PM
Great to see some activity on here still! (Or again?)
I think this might actually be the first year I don't have a giant project on the go for the cav... Hmmm... Better find something to do!

Tuesday, April 27, 2021 7:12 PM
I am going to try to run my 03 at a few track sprints this year at Pocono Raceway. I am still going back and forth on trying to finally break 300whp with it. I think I can do it with just tweaking my current setup and tune. But I do have a 2.9" and 2.6" pulley for the TVS that WILL do the job.

Wednesday, April 28, 2021 6:39 PM
Good to see you're still at it!

Thursday, April 29, 2021 8:07 AM
Just drove the 92 Sunbird today, maybe twice a week now that Im retired, still trying to find some cheap shocks for the rear , and a cheap a/c hose. Dont want to put much more money into it, with all the rot in the A pillars, roof and floor. Runs like a sewing machine though, hate to sell it.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search