August 2021 Update - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
August 2021 Update
Friday, August 20, 2021 4:08 PM
The last few weeks have brought about a lot of updates and bug fixing, that might not be immediately visible. Of course as anyone that has been around here long enough knows, this occasionally causes other bugs. So it is important to document this, and to let you all know, if something doesn't work the way you think it should, please let me know. Either reply to this thread, send me a PM, or hit me up on social media.

First, and most important, new user registration is now open, and forum subscription emails are being sent. Both of these were broken for a long time, since we moved to a new provider last October.

Second, and perhaps more noticeable if you browse the site at all, everything about photos is being upgraded. Image attachments to forum posts, your profile, the gallery (if anyone realized that still exists, it's under "Library" in the top navigation) have been massively updated. This is actually a bigger change than it appears. On the back end everything about images has been updated, allowing for some really cool stuff coming soon. Upload quotas (the maximum size you can upload) is going to be massively increased soon. We don't have the pocketbooks of the big companies, so we can't make it unlimited. However we are considering something close to that for premium members.

Yes, premium membership still exists, and we aim to make it cheaper and more useful. It has always gone a long way to support this site. We know people have largely turned to the big "F" social media site in recent years. But our long term goal is to keep people coming back here, and making this site the definitive source of information. The big social media sites of today won't be around forever. Just ask Tom Anderson.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Re: August 2021 Update
Wednesday, August 25, 2021 12:33 PM
Wait... what?? We can upload images??

When I click the image link it just asks me for a URL.

Thursday, August 26, 2021 3:08 PM
Add Attachments button on the right.
Thursday, August 26, 2021 3:42 PM
butch nackley wrote:Add Attachments button on the right.

Huh. Would you look at that!!

Thursday, August 26, 2021 5:55 PM
Damnit, Kevin, I'm trying to figure out why your sig won't load, thinking it's something I did, and come to find out it's because you have a bad SSL cert on your domain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, August 26, 2021 6:02 PM

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about

Friday, August 27, 2021 7:21 AM
LOL!! Bad??? No... it's because I've got NO cert on my domain.

Every time I look into the free ones it seems like too big a hassle to deal with at the moment... and then I don't think about it for another couple months.

Friday, August 27, 2021 5:08 PM
Uh, headers say you're using IIS, so Windows... it's so simple. https://www.win-acme.com/

Friday, September 10, 2021 8:42 AM
Aaand... it doesn't work.

Attachments
image.png (7k)

Saturday, September 11, 2021 10:26 AM
humm
Attachments
2008-chevrolet-camaro-11_400x266w.jpg (17k)

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Thursday, October 28, 2021 8:46 AM
Its been a hundred years Davedotorg... wheres the premium subscription button? You should make it easier to find

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search