Old School Check-in - Page 30 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Old School Check-in
Wednesday, June 22, 2022 7:27 AM
jux wrote:
My last Jcar, a boosted, manual-swapped '91 wagon, went to another home in 2005. I'm at the end of a string of five Miatas and just picked up a Veloster N a month ago. Also have an e30 touring and Ducati Monster in the garage.

5 Miatas??? Damn!!

I just got my first last week and have been having a blast with it!!

Sunday, June 26, 2022 1:14 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:
5 Miatas??? Damn!!

I just got my first last week and have been having a blast with it!!

They're fun li'l things, right?

Now with two Miatae:

\'90 LE
\'99 Sport clone
Monday, June 27, 2022 10:11 AM
jux wrote:
They're fun li'l things, right?

It really is! Even just running errands puts a smile on my face. There's just no way to take it seriously, and that's a huge part of its charm.

Saturday, July 02, 2022 8:25 PM
Got away from quad 4 engines for a few years but have another 2.4 j body. Didnt think I'd get another.
Wednesday, August 24, 2022 6:11 PM
I don’t know what prompted me to do it, but after years of not doing my daily check-in here, I thoughts I’d say 👋🏻 to whoever is still out there! Still driving my ‘04 Sunfire.

Thursday, August 25, 2022 2:28 AM
Hi

Not much going on with the site, but it still is useful.
I've still got my 4 2nd gen Cavaliers. Haven't gotten much done to the 94 lately, but do plan to get back at it before too long. The other 3 are still just fine.
Tuesday, August 30, 2022 7:41 AM
Looks like my Sunfire will be coming home soon.

I don't have room to keep it and no idea what to do with it. Maybe part out? I'll have to see what condition my nephew's left it in when it gets here...

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 7:54 PM
Wild Weasel wrote:Looks like my Sunfire will be coming home soon.

I don't have room to keep it and no idea what to do with it. Maybe part out? I'll have to see what condition my nephew's left it in when it gets here...

No! Resurrect it! No part-outs allowed!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 9:17 AM
I'll have a much better idea what to do once I have it back and can see what sort of shape it's in. I get the impression it may have been a bit beat up. Like... "may need a steering rack" doesn't really tell me that it's worn out... or that it's been damaged or something.

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 3:33 PM
New to the site, but definitely not to the cars. Used to work on them in dealerships back in the early 2k's. Now I own an 03 Coupe Eco/5mt. It's a base model. Trying my hardest to keep it an affordable daily, a task I horribly failed on my Legacy GT.. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Saturday, September 10, 2022 12:08 PM
Doubt anyone would remember me from the crowd, but been around almost 20 years now...

Sold the last J in 2010. Got into Corvettes a few years ago, currently have an FRC car with a fairly built LS1 a little over 400rwhp.

Likely moving on to older stuff soon, really been wanting to go big block 4 speed into something old.

Tuesday, September 27, 2022 7:17 AM
So, might as well give the update here as well.

Skađi has been traded in...now meet Ishara! She's a 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD version, HiChroma Red (yes, Red...could not find a black one). 3.3l Twin Turbo V6. Got her with less than 200 miles on the clock. She is deceptively fast, handles like a dream, and caused my wife to drop an F-bomb while test driving her. Only mod (so far) is an oil catch can. I'm thinking Ram-air intake soon. Only disappointment so far is gassing her up...but I believe that's the same for everyone nowadays.

Attachments
Ishara_2022_08_27_101.JPG (925k)
Ishara_2022_08_27_103.JPG (1158k)
Ishara_2022_08_27_078.JPG (1287k)

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, September 27, 2022 1:14 PM
Funny. You wanted black and ended up with red. I wanted red and ended up with black.

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 12:24 AM
Keeper Of DeLight (LordKODL) wrote:So, might as well give the update here as well.

Skađi has been traded in...now meet Ishara! She's a 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD version, HiChroma Red (yes, Red...could not find a black one). 3.3l Twin Turbo V6. Got her with less than 200 miles on the clock. She is deceptively fast, handles like a dream, and caused my wife to drop an F-bomb while test driving her. Only mod (so far) is an oil catch can. I'm thinking Ram-air intake soon. Only disappointment so far is gassing her up...but I believe that's the same for everyone nowadays.

KOTL lives!!! Long time, no see man!

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 12:26 AM
Keeper Of DeLight (LordKODL) wrote:So, might as well give the update here as well.

Also, supremely jealous! I'd love to have a TTV6 Stinger. In blue, of course. Ive seen them rip low 13s right from the factory.

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 12:23 PM
Keeper Of The Light (LordKOTL) wrote:So, might as well give the update here as well.

Nice ride. We got a grey one with the scorpion package for my wife. Love it, minus the dealership having no idea how to work on it.

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Friday, September 30, 2022 9:40 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:Funny. You wanted black and ended up with red. I wanted red and ended up with black.

Yeah. there was like zero black ones available anywhere near here. Only this green I'm not a fan of and that flat, mud-like "ceramic" grey that everyone seems to rave about nowadays for some reason. The Red looked slick and you can make as many jokes from the movie "Used Cars" as you want
Roofy wrote:KOTL lives!!! Long time, no see man!
Also, supremely jealous! I'd love to have a TTV6 Stinger. In blue, of course. Ive seen them rip low 13s right from the factory.

Thanks! Good to see you too!

And yeah, sometime around 2019 I was looking into Skađi's replacement since she was getting a bit long in the tooth, had some water pump issues, and some eunuch at GM through it would be a good idea to use torque-to-yield bolts on the water pumps of the LY7 engines. With Pontiac out and no more GTO/G8 I started looking at upgrade options. My wife told me in no uncertain terms that I had to get a 4-door because it was unfair to my dad to have him try to get in and out of a coupe (even though he did the same to my grandpa and his '72 camaro way back when), so perusing what was out there. The Stinger GTx fir right into that niche of being a "Jack of all trades; master of none" sort of vehicle. It's not as posh on the insides as the German GT vehicles, but it's also about 20k less. It's not as fast as, say the Charger, but it's better on gas and the interior is better than the rental-car like feel. The hatch was more useful than it's sister, the Genesis G70 which is a typical sedan. Cars like the GNX, TTA, Mitsu GTO/3000GT/Dodge Stealth made me really appreciate the twin turbo'ed V6's. Came with the 10/100k warranty (for anything major), and being a Kia you're not really paying extra for a badge.

Anyhow, I fell in lust and started saving up. Was finally able to afford it and that red one popped up I was hoping for black, or failing that, the blue that you mentioned, of which I've seen a few around here. But with the supply chain market beggars couldn't be choosers and I paid less than the KBB value of a "used" 2022 Stinger GT2 AWD with less than 200 miles on the clock (so, basically new). It is FUN to drive. Gas mileage is not appreciably worse than Skađi, my old G6 GXP, and is about the same on the highway. For it's size it corners well, and is VERY quick off the line especially with the AWD.
Exesivefire wrote:Very nice! AWD or RWD? What does she (and you) think of it? I was hoping for a scorpion package myself but no such luck.

I can also believe the dealership not having a clue. I've heard stories on the Stinger forums about dealership problems, but I think it's inherent to Kia.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Sunday, October 02, 2022 11:52 AM
Picked up an 03 with 27000 on it a year and a half ago. Used Chip your car and a ebay Cai and she quicker than my Z24 with the Eaton 45. Love these.
Sunday, October 02, 2022 12:09 PM
Picked up an 03 with 27000 on it a year and a half ago. Used Chip your car and a ebay Cai and she quicker than my Z24 with the Eaton 45. Love these.
Sunday, October 02, 2022 8:14 PM
I can’t believe this thread is still going. My last post was 10 years ago. Don’t have nearly as fun of a vehicle as others, but comfy, looks good, and very functional. Had my J for 9 years, my TL for 13 years, and now onto a V60.

Sunday, October 02, 2022 8:36 PM
Keeper Of The Light (LordKOTL) wrote:Very nice! AWD or RWD? What does she (and you) think of it? I was hoping for a scorpion package myself but no such luck.

I can also believe the dealership not having a clue. I've heard stories on the Stinger forums about dealership problems, but I think it's inherent to Kia.

For the most part she loves it. It’s a pretty damn nice car, it wasn’t my first choice but when she showed interest in it, I was like “let’s go!”

If the dealership would get their ish together it would be even better.

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 8:30 AM
Jackass wrote:I can’t believe this thread is still going. My last post was 10 years ago. Don’t have nearly as fun of a vehicle as others, but comfy, looks good, and very functional. Had my J for 9 years, my TL for 13 years, and now onto a V60.

Hey, say what you want about Volvos but those things are tanks!

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, November 23, 2022 8:33 AM
Exesivefire wrote:
Keeper Of The Light (LordKOTL) wrote:Very nice! AWD or RWD? What does she (and you) think of it? I was hoping for a scorpion package myself but no such luck.

For the most part she loves it. It’s a pretty damn nice car, it wasn’t my first choice but when she showed interest in it, I was like “let’s go!”

If the dealership would get their ish together it would be even better.

Never trusted Stealerships; not GM, not Mazda (wife's previous car was a Mazda3), definitely not Ford (wife's current car is a Mach-E), and I'm not about to start with Kia. I'll deal with them when there's not another option.

Ishara just passed 2k miles. Need to save up my drachmas for her; getting the mod itch again...

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, December 13, 2022 4:24 PM
It's been 9 years since I've posted here, crazy!

Tuesday, December 20, 2022 9:41 AM
Oh is that all?

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search