Inquiring - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Inquiring
Monday, January 21, 2008 1:20 PM
I recently lost my car due to a broken timing chain. Does anyone know any wreckers up in Markham that I can pretty much dump it to. Without the engine this car is this car pretty much worth nothing. Right?

Re: Inquiring
Monday, January 21, 2008 1:31 PM
eh not really. best thing to do if you dont want it anymore is post it up in your regional forum and let other members pick a part at it. charge for parts and make some money out of it, then send it off to the junker

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:38 PM
I agree with the last post, except I would probably try to sell the car as a whole. If I had the space to work on it, I would definitely consider it as a project car to fix up and re-sell (after I put the nicer stuff in my own car). I'm in St. Catharines, so I don't really know who would be good to deal with in your area if you so chose to go that route. They'll probably offer you something like $150 for the car, put in another motor, and you'll see it for sale for $4000 next month.
Without knowing more about the condition of the car, it's too hard to estimate what you should probably ask. It was the nicest of the Sunfire 4 doors available when new, so if it's not beaten too badly, it should be easy to get rid of.
Maybe if you could post some more info and photos, it would make it easier. Also, is that 130,000km or miles? I'm assuming km if you're in Markham (Ontario, that is). My brother's eco is running great at 171,000, and I'm around 204,000 on my 02 SL 4 door, so they DO live longer than that typically. The usual things I've seen on most of these are things like wheel bearings, strut mounts, blower motor resistors - all irritating but not terribly expensive to fix. I'm hoping to clear at least the 400,000 mark before I give up on mine...
If you want, I could ask around here and see how much you would probably expect to pay for an engine swap. I have a friend who's apprenticing at a small local shop, and they seem to like projects like this - always swapping motors, trannys, etc. I would bet that even if you don't want to keep the car, swapping in a new motor and selling it would probably make you a lot more than just giving up on it. I'm just guessing though - without seeing the car. I've never junked a car that still had a good body - I usually drive them until they're starting to fall apart - literally.
Let me know,
John
Tuesday, January 22, 2008 6:46 PM
it's an '02 Eco Sunfire. nice.

$600 will get you a new Eco to put in it.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:19 AM
sell it as a rolling chassis. someone will want it for a project car. all they will have to do is rebuild the motor, but its an eco so itll be worth it.

coming back in 2008...
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 5:05 AM
where you located? Id take the whole car off your hands

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:38 PM
Thanks for all the info. Just hard to swallow that after just owning the car for 5 years, its gone. If I can find a way to do soemthing with it, I would.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:55 PM
i will come pick it up right now....give me some info

Thursday, January 24, 2008 2:49 PM
im in toronto now .... hit me up with a price ... if its to much i'll tell u about 2 wreckers in the east side area ........

is it a 4 door ?

Thursday, January 24, 2008 4:44 PM
I tried replying to the e-mail you sent me, but it told me you were over your quota. Could you send me an alternate address to send my reply to please?
I found used Eco's for around $400 in the Toronto area.
John
Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:59 PM
i just want the interior....well the whole car actually!

Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:44 PM
DjDrew@gmail.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search