worth the purchase? need your opinions - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
worth the purchase? need your opinions
Thursday, January 31, 2008 5:55 AM
I haven’t checked the car out yet, but ran across this ad and was curious on what everyone thinks of it whether it is worth buying and fixing it up and having as a DD. The seller’s located about 2.5 hours away. I sent the seller an e-mail if it is still for sale. I owned a 99 Z24 auto a bit ago, but wasn’t into car mechanics back then. I know some now(have a 98 GTP with supporting mods), but wanted to know what you all think and what to look for under the hood and car of this J-body. Thanks in advance guys
98 z24 auto convertible

Re: worth the purchase? need your opinions
Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:28 AM
Seems like a good deal to me. However I would drive it and get a good look at the overall condition of the car before you purchase it since you only live 2.5hrs away.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:32 AM
thats pretty cheap man. Keep in mind however 2 things. The convertible top breaks, when it does its a BIG BIG pain. right now i am just running manual on my top cause i cant stand fixing the motor.

btw all Convertibles came with a 2.4L great engine but if not well maintained doesnt hold so amazaing.

"The first 2 heat settings dont like to work. 3 & 4 work fine though."
thats really easy to fix its a blown resistor, its in the back of the dash easy fix!

"Left side window doesnt set right, but I've dealt with it forever. Goes up & down fine. "
i own a convertible.... there is always one side that never fits prefect. its a easy fix but it take time. there are two methods one is adjusting the top, other is adjusting the window.

"I have a ground wire issue with the car somewhere that I've been dealing with, but cant seem to find the source. Maybe you can? It effects the right rear blinker/brake light & sometimes the cd player when it wants to. completely random."
that is usually just usually wires touching....

so good luck.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:39 AM
thanks guys! . im waiting on a reponse from the seller. the first 2 ben u answered im certain arent a problem, even for me. tracing a ground can bbe a PITA, but for the price it appears to be a steal. if i get the chance to check the car out I'll take it for a test drive as well as make certain the tranny shifts alright. When I had my 99 2.4 auto. It would make a sound from the tranny like rocks/pebbles were scraping and moving whenever I got on it hard. never found out what it was, but i was thinking a bad torque converter or flexplate piece was broken b4 i bought the car.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:15 AM
Damn... I'd buy it if it were around me...

I think it's a pretty good steal

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:10 AM
for that price, snatch it up.

Ben Harel wrote:btw all Convertibles came with a 2.4L great engine but if not well maintained doesnt hold so amazaing.

actually, 3rd gen verts also had the 2.3 and 2.2s in them as well. but since this is a 98z, it had the 2.4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:11 AM

coming back in 2008...
Sunday, February 03, 2008 10:57 PM
I'd say that's a good deal...dang

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search