ever been booted from car club for buying a non j replacement - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ever been booted from car club for buying a non j replacement
Saturday, December 06, 2008 8:26 AM
just wondering if any jbody guys have ever been booted from their j body club for replacing the j with something else.i ask cause i got booted from jbodypei for buying a w body

Re: ever been booted from car club for buying a non j replacement
Saturday, December 06, 2008 8:50 AM
I find most clubs are childish, and certainly looks like that one is the same way. If that's the case be happy you got out.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, December 06, 2008 8:59 AM
if it's a car club that's that petty... be glad you're not a part of it anymore.

Saturday, December 06, 2008 9:04 AM
thats what i though ti sent the president an email saying i siold my j when the quad let go for the 3 rd time.i said i bought an impala.and all he said was hope to haveyou in another j someday so you can be a member again.and i'll remove your name from the site.i was a lil pissed but just said the hell with it

Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:41 AM
Well if it was a jbody car club (which are gay) then they are right for doing so. If it is a car club for all cars then that is gay for them doing that.

FU Tuning

Saturday, December 06, 2008 11:04 AM
yes i will give them that but.they are like the only car club in the area that involoves newer cars.and i can't get into the classic car groups.you would think they would want members so everyone can have a good time but whatever.this was a while back but i figured i'll see what yall thought.i'm not really hurt over it.my buddies all want to form our own.u nsure of how good an idea that is

Saturday, December 06, 2008 11:22 AM
jbody clubs still exist?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Saturday, December 06, 2008 11:26 AM
LOL once a significant portion of members started replacing their J's, we just made it into Jersey GM instead of the Jersey J's. To us it was always about the people more than the cars. Sounds like you got some d-bags on your hands.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, December 06, 2008 1:42 PM
Car club?!?!?!? Whats that?

Saturday, December 06, 2008 3:23 PM
John Higgins wrote:Well if it was a jbody car club (which are gay) then they are right for doing so. If it is a car club for all cars then that is gay for them doing that.

Just wondering, what is so gay about a group of friends/J-Body enthusiasts to form a actual club? I know i owe a lot to the level my Cavalier was at to the members of my car club.

Viper98912 wrote:jbody clubs still exist?

J-BOM has been going strong for almost 8 years now.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, December 06, 2008 3:47 PM
i for one believe that if the club was just for j's then they are justified but i personally feel no club should be for just one make of car. thats just asking for the death of the club.

some clubs are like that... some are just more 'into it' than others.

You look so much cuter with something in your mouth.

Saturday, December 06, 2008 4:56 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:
John Higgins wrote:Well if it was a jbody car club (which are gay) then they are right for doing so. If it is a car club for all cars then that is gay for them doing that.

Just wondering, what is so gay about a group of friends/J-Body enthusiasts to form a actual club? I know i owe a lot to the level my Cavalier was at to the members of my car club.

Viper98912 wrote:jbody clubs still exist?

J-BOM has been going strong for almost 8 years now.

Word.

I think he's just mad CFJ denied him.

Saturday, December 06, 2008 5:05 PM
I used to be part of a J-Body club, and people started getting rid of their J's and picking up other cars, so we changed the name of the club. :\

Saturday, December 06, 2008 8:34 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:Just wondering, what is so gay about a group of friends/J-Body enthusiasts to form a actual club?

sounds like their enthusiasm for j-bodies is a lot stronger than their friendship, especially if the "friendship" is so easily dismissed.

Saturday, December 06, 2008 8:50 PM
If a rquirement for club membership is that you own a J car and you then dont own a J car they can remove you from the member list. Doesnt mean you arnt allowed to hang around though.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 1:47 AM
mitdr774 wrote:If a rquirement for club membership is that you own a J car and you then dont own a J car they can remove you from the member list. Doesnt mean you arnt allowed to hang around though.

Exactly. Just because you don't have the team sticker on your car, doesn't mean you can't still be friends. It's quite simple, it's a j-body club and you don't have a J. I can't get into the local Scion club with my Blazer...

Sunday, December 07, 2008 6:31 AM
this was the reason i never would be involved in a car specific club. but sorry if someone just boots you like that they way it sounds like this guy got booted it doesnt sound like they want to be friends. if you want a good club, start your own car club that accepts all types of cars that cares more for the people then what badge is on the hood.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, December 07, 2008 8:14 AM
Our club started out as an all Jbody club, then we moved on to all GM, and now we are open to all makes and models. It's always been more about the people than the cars to us, and most of us are close like family.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 8:25 AM
never been booted. but this one club i was apart of some members bitched and moaned when the pres got rid of her sunfire for a scion. but said nothing about another member getting a dodge stealth

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, December 07, 2008 8:41 AM
Ian Lacey wrote:
mitdr774 wrote:If a rquirement for club membership is that you own a J car and you then dont own a J car they can remove you from the member list. Doesnt mean you arnt allowed to hang around though.

Exactly. Just because you don't have the team sticker on your car, doesn't mean you can't still be friends. It's quite simple, it's a j-body club and you don't have a J. I can't get into the local Scion club with my Blazer...

I have been a member of J-BOM for 4 years (well there was a short time that I had left) and have never had a J-BOM sticker on either of my J's.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 9:06 AM
cannon fodder wrote:
Skilz10179 wrote:Just wondering, what is so gay about a group of friends/J-Body enthusiasts to form a actual club?

sounds like their enthusiasm for j-bodies is a lot stronger than their friendship, especially if the "friendship" is so easily dismissed.

How's this work when the common like for j-bodies is what formed the friendship to begin with? That's personally why I love this scene, I've gained so many life-long friends that I could never look back and regard modifying these cars as a mistake. It's what made us friends, but it's not by-any-means what keeps our friendship alive at this point.

Whack point.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 9:41 AM
What happens if your a member of J-body club... and your car breaks down and you have to drive your DD for a month or so? Are you banned from going to anything until your cars fixed? (Since you'd be showing up in a different car)

The closest I've ever been to belonging to a car club is having meets with other local Org members... but sometimes it's fun when someone shows up with a different car... Sometimes it's nice to mix things up a little.... and it's always fun to say "so how fast it this SHO LOL

People identify themselfs with what they drive way to much... it should be about the hobby... not the particular platform.

It's really bad with Motorcycle clubs... most of them are either geared towards sport bikes or Harleys.... and I dont have either.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 9:50 AM
lol, ur not allowed to post on JBO either, didn't you know!

lame

Sunday, December 07, 2008 9:59 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:
cannon fodder wrote:

How's this work when the common like for j-bodies is what formed the friendship to begin with? That's personally why I love this scene, I've gained so many life-long friends that I could never look back and regard modifying these cars as a mistake. It's what made us friends, but it's not by-any-means what keeps our friendship alive at this point.

Whack point.

JoeDM speaks the truth!

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Sunday, December 07, 2008 10:13 AM
Weebel wrote:What happens if your a member of J-body club... and your car breaks down and you have to drive your DD for a month or so? Are you banned from going to anything until your cars fixed? (Since you'd be showing up in a different car)

The closest I've ever been to belonging to a car club is having meets with other local Org members... but sometimes it's fun when someone shows up with a different car... Sometimes it's nice to mix things up a little.... and it's always fun to say "so how fast it this SHO LOL

People identify themselfs with what they drive way to much... it should be about the hobby... not the particular platform.

It's really bad with Motorcycle clubs... most of them are either geared towards sport bikes or Harleys.... and I dont have either.

My DD was my 98 Z but now its a 96 K1500. As long as I own the J car I dont see anything that says They could throw me out.

Even when I wasnt a member of J-BOM I still hung around with members and showed up to some meetings. It didnt really matter what the membership status was.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search