98 cavalier 2.2 low compression in 2 cylinders? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 cavalier 2.2 low compression in 2 cylinders?
Sunday, February 22, 2009 4:37 AM
I have a 98 Cavalier with a 2200 motor and it just started skipping all of a sudden and i thought it might have been a coil pack so i changed both, still did it, changed the wires and plugs, still did it so i went do to the local garage and got it put on the computer.... it said there was a problem with the injector so i thought i found it because when i pulled the plug off the #4 injector it didnt make a difference in the cars rough idling so i changed the injector....still did it so i though it might be a valve so i did a compression test and cylinders 1 and 2 had 174 psi in them so i tried cylinders 3 and 4 and they both had 124 psi????? think it might be a headgasket but people say when it goes between cylinders its usually around 70 psi??? any ideas lol

Re: 98 cavalier 2.2 low compression in 2 cylinders?
Sunday, February 22, 2009 7:02 PM
i would do a leakdown test.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Sunday, February 22, 2009 7:33 PM
Definately a Leak down test. Sounds like rings maybe?

2006 Honda Civic EX Sedan AT-Galaxy Grey Metallic Pearl, 37,000 miles,Loaded with everything except Leather and Nav, Tint-5% rear, 20% front, Calipers painted Subaru WR Blue, Ipod Integration, XenonDepot 4300K HID Conversion kit, Debadged, Optima Red-Top, No performance mods because its an auto, and its under warranty.

Monday, February 23, 2009 3:02 AM
hi, i found out whats wrong with my car, it lost power to one of the injectors??? any ideas
Monday, February 23, 2009 8:33 AM
low compression has nothing to do with the injectors. do a leakdown test and find where the leak is.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009 2:37 AM
ok, my car now had good compression. it some how lost power to one injector and the engine light flashes when the motor has a load on it??
Sunday, March 01, 2009 8:35 AM
What was the compression problem?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search