bypass anti theft?? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bypass anti theft??
Sunday, March 29, 2009 2:37 PM
i have a 97 cavalier that was given to me the someone ruined the ignition lock cylinder in and now the car wont start i was wondering if there was anyway to put a cheap cylinder in it with a key and bypass the anti theft so it will run again i dont want to pay 200 dollars for a new one then have to have it recoded just wondering if that was even possible

thanks

Re: bypass anti theft??
Sunday, March 29, 2009 4:56 PM
no. you need the expensive cylinder, but you can install and let the computer learn the code yourself. its very easy.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, March 29, 2009 6:11 PM
i had an issue 2 years ago with my anti-theft light coming on it would not allow the car to start. i found a way to over ride it by putting a toggle switch on a wire under the steering colum. i do not remember wich wire it was but i used a wiring diagram from a remote starter kit to bypass the security.

Sunday, March 29, 2009 6:17 PM
i just cut the yellow wire or the yellow striped wire while the car was running. bypassed it strieght up. never had a problem. but. thats only while its running. my suggestion is go to a junkyard and get a cylinder from them for like 20 bucks

Monday, March 30, 2009 9:28 AM
cant you do the passlock relearn? takes 10 mins and you dont have to cut anything.

Monday, March 30, 2009 11:42 AM
The Passlock re-learn procedure is in the FAQ part of the Library. Easy to do.. check it out.

...j

Monday, March 30, 2009 4:26 PM
They also make bypass modules. When your adding an aftermarket alarm or remote start, this are required.

May be an option, but would go with the right cyclinder to begin with anyways.
Monday, March 30, 2009 11:31 PM
Even with a bypass module, you'd need a working lock cylinder in order to program the R-code into the bypass module... so without a working ignition, you're still dead in the water.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:01 AM
True. So all in all, I would opt for getting the cylinder and work around the bypass later. Easily to recode with the steps provided on this site.
Friday, April 03, 2009 9:59 AM
Can't it be taken out with a tuner?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search