JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match - Page 3 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Thursday, May 01, 2008 7:57 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:I did pick this up yesterday, it will help me out a little bit

I dont want any sandbagging or holding back in the first race just to use the nitrous later on, I want everything you have

NICE BLOWER! Does that bolt up to the Intake mani of the Stock S/C? If so, wonder if it will fit under my hood.

Thursday, May 01, 2008 7:59 PM
yes its a direct bolt on, and it should work the L61 GM kit, only thing is you would pretty much need a standalone to run it

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, May 01, 2008 8:52 PM
has everyone forgotten about PUTTING THE POWER TO THE GROUND these days? i guess so..... whatever, im just gunna wait for the bash and we will see how thigns go.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Thursday, May 01, 2008 8:53 PM
Phil aka QBE wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:well it's about time to get some balls to back up your own claims and own trash talking and own challenges... just most people don't bury themselves in debt just to mod their cars in hope of digging themselves out of their own holes.

that was me!!!! lol well the burying myself in debt part

chris - I highly doubt he has more then 100 whp over Matt, that would be max, considering Rodimus is putting down a good amount, and unless Dustin is throwing down m,ore then 350 he doesn't have much to make up for that weight disadvantage

not trying to offend anyone here... I was just on the phone with my buddy who eats and sleeps mustangs and has the same exact motor Dustin has minus the tune and npi heads (my buddy has patriot heads) and my buddy put down just under 350 whp. Now A tune could add a good bit.

i know of some that are putting close to 400 with that same motor that dustin has. if your engine builder knows what he is doing, then its possible to get that much

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, May 01, 2008 8:56 PM
and to clarify on the putting the power to the ground comment... i love the stock suspension'ed, stock axle'ed, fwd owner talking about all the power his new SC'er is going to get him... good matt, i hope you put down 300-400hp by bash time... but if you dont spend even more on getting it safely and solidly on the ground, wtf chance do you realy stand?

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Thursday, May 01, 2008 9:06 PM
You ain't @!#$ Dustin until you can cut a 1.5s 60'

And Philly, just insert foot into mouth

Thursday, May 01, 2008 9:14 PM
Phil, you aren't the first person to doubt an NA 2v running more than 300hp... but w/e, I don't mind skeptics

and yeah... im realy shooting for some 1.7s-1.9s. i dont know if im experienced enough,(especialy with never racing my car on slicks, or with the mods it has, before), to be pulling 1.5s lol

Thursday, May 01, 2008 9:19 PM
Shoot man, with what you have you should be able to cut a 1.7s 60' easily

Like I've said before, make sure you have that driver mod

Thursday, May 01, 2008 9:38 PM
v8 all the way baby, that car should be deep into the 12's without the nitrous
Thursday, May 01, 2008 10:05 PM
I'll post up scans of my timeslips from the not-so-greatly prepped 8th mile we got up home once i get to the track. just for you Chris lol.

Thursday, May 01, 2008 11:22 PM

and my license plate basicaly gets my point across as to why im glad you are finaly going to race me:

not trying to stir the pot or be a dick... just having som fun.

Friday, May 02, 2008 4:28 AM
JL - Your car is set up alot better than the Balt'. And y wont you post up your HP?

I think it will be a close race. But JL would be taking the win. Just those 4.10s in the rear will help out alot, i know, thats what my cuzin put in his T/A.

For a preview of what could happen search "sweet86ss" on youtube. Mildly modded LS1 v.s. a basically stock SRT-4

Friday, May 02, 2008 5:07 AM
LowFire wrote:You ain't @!#$ Dustin until you can cut a 1.5s 60'

why wtf did I do? I raced my buddy with the stang in my cav and walked all over him.. He got me off the line but once I got traction it was a lot of tail lights he was seeing. Don't start @!#$ with me... I am just talking, I got no sides here....

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, May 02, 2008 6:53 AM
im getting axles and drag radials, ive already got motor mounts and traction bars for wheel hop, (I no longer get wheel hop, only wheel spin), so theres not much I need to do in this area, I cant cut 1.7s, but I might be able to get 2.0s or slightly better

I do have my concerns about the clutch, with the power im going to be putting down I doubt its going to last long, my testing will likely use whats left of it up, I dont know that I'm going to have the time or money to get it done by July, theres so many other things going on between now and then. Not only that but its a job above my skill level to replace and I don't trust any local shop around here to do it because all they work on is muscle or jap cars.

Friday, May 02, 2008 11:35 AM
Phil aka QBE wrote:

why wtf did I do? I raced my buddy with the stang in my cav and walked all over him.. He got me off the line but once I got traction it was a lot of tail lights he was seeing. Don't start @!#$ with me... I am just talking, I got no sides here....

Looks like a little bit of @!#$ talking here before you know what exactly you are talking about and going off heresay, that's why I said put your foot in your mouth

Phil aka QBE wrote:chris - I highly doubt he has more then 100 whp over Matt, that would be max, considering Rodimus is putting down a good amount, and unless Dustin is throwing down more then 350 he doesn't have much to make up for that weight disadvantage

not trying to offend anyone here... I was just on the phone with my buddy who eats and sleeps mustangs and has the same exact motor Dustin has minus the tune and npi heads (my buddy has patriot heads) and my buddy put down just under 350 whp. Now A tune could add a good bit.

You are so easy to talk @!#$ Phil, but when someone talks it back you get all butt hurt. If you can't take it in a call out thread, don't come in then

Dustin, I can't so those damn things, imageshack is blocked here on Base

Friday, May 02, 2008 3:42 PM
I think just for sh*ts and giggles, Dustin should let me take the stang down the track I would love nothing more than the chance to take something with a WHOLE MOTOR down the track for once. tC's stock only run around 15.7, and weigh 3016 pounds.

Just once........ to take something with a whole motor down the track... would be fun

Friday, May 02, 2008 5:18 PM
This all started because I was told a NA (its not) 4.6 (its not) (its not even the original engine) 97 vert was running 112mph traps or something and I called bull@!#$, what I wasn't told was all the mods that dont match what I was told about the car. That would be like me showing up with a Turbo 3800 under the hood instead of the LSJ.

Its looking more and more like this is something I can't win, but I'm going to run anyway, its not going to ruin my year if I lose, after all there still is the Quick 8 for the Bash itself which is the entire reason I'm going anyway

Friday, May 02, 2008 7:54 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:This all started because I was told a NA (its not) 4.6 (its not) (its not even the original engine) 97 vert was running 112mph traps or something and I called bull@!#$, what I wasn't told was all the mods that dont match what I was told about the car. That would be like me showing up with a Turbo 3800 under the hood instead of the LSJ.

Its looking more and more like this is something I can't win, but I'm going to run anyway, its not going to ruin my year if I lose, after all there still is the Quick 8 for the Bash itself which is the entire reason I'm going anyway

i guess you missed the part where it said it CAN run both NA and nitrous. and it is the 4.6 just bored out stroked etc etc

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, May 02, 2008 8:35 PM
Get some 19's and Drag radials, no more wheel spin.

Power to the ground? I don't even give a rat's ass if my S/C even works, I am installing mine to look at and get my jollys.

Friday, May 02, 2008 8:38 PM
It is an engine based off the 4.6 modular motor. So it is somewhat a 4.6. it just has different rods, pistons, and crank to make it stroked to 302ci of displacement.

and as far as the clutch deal, i know all too much about not having a clutch that can handle your power. Hence why mine slips like no other, and I am very worried I wont get the replacement this week before I ship off for California no stang fun this week Im afraid. But the clutch, cage, rebuilding rearend again, and slicks will be ready by bash time i am assuming.

And I can definately gain a little(very little) bit of respect that youa re finaly following through. Especialy with your last comment about expecting a loss. I mean, not that it's garunteed. Anything can happen. I don't know what your car will be pulling by bash time, and you don't know what might break on mine lol.

And Nikki. There was a little agreement that if I drove the tC, you could drive the Mustang... HOWEVER. There will be no pedal to the floor on street tires in any gear lower than 5th and NO track passes by anyone but me. If i lose control or break something, it's on me. If someone else does, well.... I don't want to be mad at a friend.

Friday, May 02, 2008 8:50 PM
LowFire wrote:
Phil aka QBE wrote:

Looks like a little bit of @!#$ talking here before you know what exactly you are talking about and going off heresay, that's why I said put your foot in your mouth

Phil aka QBE wrote:chris - I highly doubt he has more then 100 whp over Matt, that would be max, considering Rodimus is putting down a good amount, and unless Dustin is throwing down more then 350 he doesn't have much to make up for that weight disadvantage

You are so easy to talk @!#$ Phil, but when someone talks it back you get all butt hurt. If you can't take it in a call out thread, don't come in then

Dustin, I can't so those damn things, imageshack is blocked here on Base

Point out exactly where I was Talking this so called @!#$? I said I doubt he has that much more power then rodimus? Where si the @!#$ in that? Now if I said I doubt that @!#$ty stang or that @!#$ty cobalt had this or that, that's talking @!#$... I was stating my opinion just like you were. So you need to step back and chillax and stop trying to tell me to stfu

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, May 02, 2008 9:04 PM
On the juice 527hp/570tq. That is all you get Mr. Doubtful

Friday, May 02, 2008 9:11 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:On the juice 527hp/570tq. That is all you get Mr. Doubtful

lol right around where I had guessed... so I was not so far off anyway... it was nothing against you man... dont take it personally

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, May 02, 2008 9:20 PM
Darren stay outta this! Its not like your @!#$ is gonna be ready anyway! I will bet on that!

Friday, May 02, 2008 9:24 PM
Who is Darren and who gives a @!#$? I'm confused...

And Phil, how is that even close to 300-350 that you claim I have without juice? I'm running a 125 shot..... Math skills Mr. Phil? lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search