CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!! - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Sunday, May 25, 2008 2:45 AM
Well guys, I'm in a bit of a pickle. My situation is this, so far I've got a few people left to register that I know are coming, but that puts my total at around 500 bucks. In all, this event will cost me $2300ish if I go cheap on everything. I will have to front this entire amount, and basically go into the bash *hoping* I make it all back. That basically straps me from now until the bash, kind of slowing down how much I can enjoy my own summer. So, in a nutshell, I don't want to take on all the risks for this thing at all. I also don't want this event to die, so I have a few ideas to switch things up and make them make better sense for both me, and the attendees. The biggest expense BY FAR is the private track rental. Track rental is $1700, for a 4 hour window. My observation last year, is of about 80 cars that showed, maybe 40 raced, and maybe 4 ran more then 3-4 runs. That doesn't really justify the expense of a private rental as you can get 2-4 runs on a typical test n tune just the same.

Option 1:
No private rental, still do show. This removes 1700 from show expenses, and makes the bash quite affordable for both me, and you guys as well. We'll just join the locals at a test n tune (there's 3 tracks in a small area, so whichever one is slowest, maybe we'll go to that one so everyone gets multiple runs) Registration will be reduced considerably, as well as shirt costs. Those who have already registered I will deal with on an individual basis.

Option 2:
Scrap it all, lets just show up, test n tune, and just hang out for a couple days and REALLY put emphasis on the event being about the people who drive the cars. Everyone gets a full refund, no cost to attend other then gas and hotels.

Option 3:
Find sponsors to cover the cost of the event, and help reduce the cost out of my pocket.

Just thought I'd get some feedback from you guys, as I just don't feel like wasting my summer, and HOPING that I get all of my investment back. I just am not sure I want to spot that much money for the event.

Re: CHANGE IN BASH PLANS!!! READ ME!!!!
Sunday, May 25, 2008 3:04 AM
Option 3 would be best to me but if no sponsor has stepped up as of yet...not sure one would!

I'd hate to see everything scrapped as the "events" are what I like about this set up! I never have thought about the events really other than things to do but without them in the schedule...the attendance might drop off? Then the phrase "it's about the people" might not mean as much!

I'll help with what I can but I'm leaving one country and moving to another one!! I'm buying a house and many other things so money is really, really tight for me! But...if an extra $100 will help I can donate and I'll be one sponsor!

I'd say let's see if maybe 10 or 15 folks want to step up and donate $100 each...we'd get the extra $1500 you need? I'm in!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Sunday, May 25, 2008 3:50 AM
Get on the horn. There are enough companies that make enough money on the platform to make up for that cash.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 7:03 AM
just try and get some sponsors. adn if not i say the test and tune day would be best. but the whole go to the slowest track i think is a bad idea. we would still need a set place and time. as for sponsors you could try local shops let them set up a booth and there or hang a banner up im sure hooters would pay some cash to send smoe girls out and have them pass out flters. plus it hooters so yay. if you want to go the sponsor rout give me all the info and ill hit up the shops around the athens/marieta 0h. area. i know of one shop that if they have no other obligations that day and the owners van/advertising eye candy is done (should be in the paint shop by the end of next week) would come out and set up a booth and maybe even a db meater. columbus car audio should be in for it. hit up the closest walmart to try and get a trophy sponsor. you could even run a add in the local paper looking for sponsors just word it as a good advertising opportunity. we should be able to make this work you just need people to help. doing this on your own is way to much work/stress trust me i tryed to set up a isuzu meat last year so many people bailed out and it flopped but this seems to be a way better comunity as far as that go's.

so i say just pick one. i say give the sponsor thing a shot if not do the test n tune. and let the people know. just give me all the info the sponsors would need and ill try my best around here.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 8:11 AM
i've never went and done the sponsor thing, plus I really don't have the time to fully push for this, I work 75-80 hours a week just at my regular jobs. If someone else wants to step up, and help out, awesome, but I just do not have the time to really go after sponsorships. Its just not as easy as...hey...gimme money for this event! lol

Sunday, May 25, 2008 8:23 AM
F it, f that, I'm showing up regardless! Anything beyond hanging out with my close friends is a fringe benefit to me, which is not necessary for me to enjoy this event.

I like the idea of taking over a test & tune anyhow.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 10:32 AM
Get some sponsors for the show and then move the racing to a TnT night.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Sunday, May 25, 2008 12:11 PM
I'm pretty dead set on option 1 because we just don't bring enough cars to justify a rental, so its not a good business decision for the sponsors either

Sunday, May 25, 2008 12:20 PM
i think that you should make the call Paul
If people do not want to go because there is no longer a track rental, then that is a shame
and i think if people really want the private track rental, instead of telling you to do the work they should offer to help
just my opinion, they can say whatever because they do not risk putting that much money into it

Sunday, May 25, 2008 2:28 PM
I kind of am

Sunday, May 25, 2008 2:44 PM
i said i would help. but a test n tune is fine by me. hell chillin in a parking lot is fine by me. but a test n tune would probly bring more cars. and i don't really see a point in renting a track if no one will run. hell ill run my car if we have a tnt meat.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 3:15 PM
test and tune works for me paul and seeing as thats how it ended up last year due to weather and seemed to work out great with no complaints

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084827
Sunday, May 25, 2008 6:49 PM
Anyone who does not show up just on the basis that there is no private rental and formal event crap doesn't need to go anyway. Like you said, it's about the people. I'm going no matter what the "events" are. They are going to be fine, and fun, and I would love to get 2-3 runs at a 1/4 track. But seriously. Lets get our hotel, let's all show up, let's all have a good time drinking and chilling. We don't need a huge private track bill or sponsors.

Again, Paul, I think I told you this last night too.... If the people decide not to show up on the basis that it isn't run like some national high dolar even, then they need not go.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Monday, May 26, 2008 1:06 PM
should still be able to do everything, may not be able to setup the head to head racing for trophies but you could still have those that run bring you their time slips and you could still get a top 5 times type of award out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, May 26, 2008 2:10 PM
really I could car less about the racing or the show as I wont participate in them, dont feel like risking damage to my 98 and is deffinately isnt a show car. Im going just to hang out and have fun, maybe bring some entertainment to everyone as well.

Monday, May 26, 2008 2:31 PM
I think option 1 sounds like the best option for everyone. I mean it's not like the track rental was an all day event, it was only for 3 hours in the morning so it's not a huge loss but it takes a lot of weigh off your shoulders. I don't want to lose the show though, only because that puts everyone in one place at one time. I think a show, track, and maybe dyno session would be more than enough for everyone.

If you can get some sponsers then do it man, it will work out for everyone in the end that way but I doubt you will be able to cover 2k by sponsers.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Monday, May 26, 2008 2:56 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:F it, f that, I'm showing up regardless! Anything beyond hanging out with my close friends is a fringe benefit to me, which is not necessary for me to enjoy this event.

Is a football to the head a fringe benefit?????

Monday, May 26, 2008 4:16 PM
I vote option 1, especially if you said there is 3 tracks close by, surely you can find one that is slow, that way people that show up to race can, others that don't race can still show, and everyone can still hang out and party at the hotel.

Monday, May 26, 2008 5:04 PM
mitdr774 wrote:
Joe Schulte wrote:F it, f that, I'm showing up regardless! Anything beyond hanging out with my close friends is a fringe benefit to me, which is not necessary for me to enjoy this event.

Is a football to the head a fringe benefit?????

entertain me hoffa! SCORE!!!!

Monday, May 26, 2008 5:14 PM
i like option 3, but sharing the track is ok with me if not.

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Monday, May 26, 2008 5:40 PM
I really liked the idea of a private track rental! I hate going to the track and only getting 2-4 runs in despite spending 4+ hours waiting in the staging lanes. I see numerous chances for stuff to go wrong without a having a plan to go to a set track at a set time. If you are like me it seems like if it can go wrong-it will go wrong. Here are some of the problems I see with Option 1

How are you going to decide which track is least busy? If you call they could be slow but by the time we get there have picked up.
What if they are not doing test n tune or say they will squeeze us in between some other event...Trust me that never goes well.
Are they all 1/4 mile?
How far away is each one?
How do you plan to contact everyone to let them know which track to go to? I spose you could make a list of peoples names a cell phone number who want to race and just call each person and tell them which one.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, May 26, 2008 6:19 PM
I think this is the part where you'll just have to trust me

They are ALL 1/4 mile. I have always refused from day 1 to take anyone to 1/8 mile. I know what the people want in general. Unfortunately, wade here is the exception. We had 40 cars run last year, and no one ran more then 3-4 times. Everyone is rightfully afraid to break 500+ miles from home.

I know a few locals, and I'm going to see if any of them are typically dead, to the point we could all get 10 runs if we wanted. That is my goal. They're all maybe 20 miles apart collectively, not far at all.

Last year everyone got all the runs they needed, and it wasn't a testntune, it was a POINTS event. That means EVERYONE was there. I'm going to do my research before I commit to anything of course, but I'm just kind of giving everyone a heads up, and feeling out the public opinion of the matter.

Monday, May 26, 2008 6:30 PM
I have no idea why I typed option #3 but yeah, didn't intend to.

Oh yeah about the football, you guys are @!#$s, all of you.

Monday, May 26, 2008 6:48 PM
You know you loved it Joe. wish I had seen it happen. Must find heelies video now.

Monday, May 26, 2008 6:59 PM
Honestly, whatever option you choose is ok with me. I am one of those people who did not register yet. Sorry, my fault. I am just happy to come and enjoy the time spent with everyone and their vehicles and just BS all weekend long.

But if I had to choose... I would choose 1 cause I would still enjoy seeing everyone run their cars and be able to see what some of the cars I favor here can do on the track

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search