oil filters? - Page 2 - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: oil filters?
Friday, June 11, 2010 11:45 AM
HDRacing.... with barely any periods and no paragraphs that is a brutal read.

HDRacing wrote:. No mike quality OIL and routine maintenance will accomplish that.

Quality oil? with sub par filtration, it will lose its "quality" very quickly.

"That" in your words, is a "maintained motor". Changing your oil filter regularly, with a quality one, IS ROUTINE MAINTENANCE.

I use conventional oil because I get it for free, and I'm using it in a 10 year old economy car, I could put an engine in for less than the price of 10 synthetic oil+filter changes.

HDRacing wrote: i refuse to buy a high priced filter because a company claims its a performance filter and its going to make some big fairy tale difference, adn extend your engine life. honestly I don't get more power from different filters.

In Canada, Fram IS a high-priced filter, it costs more than any standard brand filter and is only about $3 less than a k&n or mobil 1

Which would be fine, but it is made of CRAP, you are literally paying for the name, and fake sense of quality, when there is NONE.

wait....am I actually wasting my time arguing about the quality of honeywell/fram filters on here?? this is grade 4 stuff, no wonder barely any of the regulars on this site posted in here.

DO NOT BUY FRAM / HONEYWELL.

SUPERIOR QUALITY FILTERS CAN BE HAD FOR THE SAME, OR LOWER PRICE

Im done

Sunday, June 13, 2010 2:19 PM
Fram suck. End of story.

Don't believe me. Take one apart.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 3:14 PM
fram blows dick like super serious dick...

mobil 1 - Purolator Pure one FTMFW on my LD9... 5000 miles between changes... rotate tires at 5k, rotate and balance at 10k, rotate and clean air filter at 15k, rotate and balance at 20k, rotate at 25k, rotate, balance, power steering flush, fuel induction service at 30 k... repeat up to 150k and then coolant flush and manual transmission drain and fill (Synchromesh) there is my maintenance in a nutshell

as for the eco... its cool to be up there on top, H O W E V E R, you need a special socket to remove it unless you wanna go at it an angle, which can be a PITA at times... the special socket allows for clearance with the intake manifold...

personally i like my spin on on the LD9, right in the front of the motor, not much of the block for it to drain on (which on my motor its powder coated so it slides right off), easy to get my hand on....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search