01 Cavalier Unknown Bar Hanging - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
01 Cavalier Unknown Bar Hanging
Friday, February 19, 2016 3:49 PM
Attached are as many clear photos as I could take. I had to slam my breaks because some moron decided not to use a turn signal on an exit ramp today, and after I did this, I heard a dragging noise coming from under my car, well I didn't see anything when I first looked, so I drove out to the closest advanced auto and the guy pointed out the bar in the photo. He didn't have a name for it and I asked around at home and no one knew either, and I was directed to this forum. So could you guys help me identify the bar, and suggest a more sturdy fix than 15 industrial zip ties? I have to drive over a 100 miles for military training this weekend and can't get a permanent fix on the car until Tuesday at the earliest. Thank you in advanced!
Attachments
IMG_0954.JPG (314k)
IMG_0953.JPG (401k)
IMG_0952.JPG (402k)
IMG_0945.JPG (493k)
IMG_0948.JPG (321k)

Re: 01 Cavalier Unknown Bar Hanging
Friday, February 19, 2016 4:16 PM
Just pull it off. It doesn't really serve a purpose. I haven't had that bar on my cavalier in 5+ years.

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 3:31 PM
I would keep it. Likely provides some protection in case of a frontal impact. If there is a stiff metal bracing I wouldn't remove it. Find someone with a welder and weld it back on.
Tuesday, May 03, 2016 8:43 PM
Or just bend the tab so it fits in the slot
Sunday, May 29, 2016 12:53 PM
That bar looks like your rad support bracket.. you can get another one from the wreckers for cheap or bend that tab back and bolt it up. It's for your rad so I'd definitely want it there.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search