Exhaust issues - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust issues
Saturday, April 16, 2016 7:25 AM
Hey guys, I have a 2001 2.4l z24 cavalier. The cat recently crumpled and broke by the flange so I ordered a new cat that connects at the upper and lower flanges. The previous owner was a ricer and tried to turbo this car but gave up half way so he has the turbo exhaust mount thing (don't know the name) coming right after the manifold, it then goes to a bird snot welded pipe, then to Autozone dryer duct tubing which then connects to the cat. I plan on removing all this terrible turbo exhaust work and bringing it back to stock.

The flange on the new exhaust piece is a 3 bolt flange while the port coming off of the exhaust manifold is 4 bolts, is this the stock exhaust manifold or am I missing a piece of piping that will connect the 4 bolt flange manifold to the 3 bolt flange cat flange? Sorry for the crappy pic but it was the best I could do, you can see the previous owners horrendous welding on the manifold where he welded in an o2 sensor bung. i properly welded in a bung on the hacked up pipe that goes from the turbo thing to the Autozone dryer duct tubing. I'll get more pictures soon
Attachments
image.jpeg (1774k)

Re: Exhaust issues
Saturday, April 16, 2016 10:54 AM
That is a turbo manifold. You will need to replace it with a stock exhaust manifold for your exhaust to bolt up properly.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search