Set Cruise Control - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Set Cruise Control
Thursday, June 02, 2016 3:07 PM
Hello guys,

Hey sorry for this silly question, but how do you set cruise control on a 2003 Cavalier? The car has the controls on the turn signal lever.

Thank you!

Re: Set Cruise Control
Tuesday, June 07, 2016 4:13 PM
Hopefully i can help out and not be confusing, but if it is like my 2001 with the controls on the turn signal lever it is quite easy. The button on the end is what sets the desired speed you would like to cruise at, however, there is a switch facing towards you (the driver). If you click the switch to the left (towards the window) it will turn off the CC no matter what including when you have it on. If you push it to the right it will sit in a spot that is not entirely to the left but close to it, this is just the regular position and will do nothing except allow the cruise control to be set. So essentially with the switch in that position and pushing the button on the end you will set the CC at the desired speed (you have to be going the speed you want it at when you hit the button). Now if you have the CC on and would like it to cruise at a higher speed push and hold the switch all the way to the right (for the time needed) and your car will accelerate and hold whatever speed the car is at when you let go of the switch. Pressing the brakes also turns off the CC. Hopefully i helped you out, if you need anymore help i will try to answer asap.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you ain't first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby (Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search