2004 Cavalier Clutch to Floor.. I Fear the worst... :( - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2004 Cavalier Clutch to Floor.. I Fear the worst... :(
Wednesday, July 20, 2016 10:49 PM
Clutch pedal goes to floor. I bled the system. Wasn't getting any pressure. Couldn't find leak. Replaced the Clutch Master cylinder. Bled the system. I pumped and bled the clutch at least 50 times and used 4 oz of fluid. There is a puddle of tranny fluid on the floor. It looks like clutch fluid is leaking from the transmission. So is this the end? I mean is it true for the Slave cylinder you have to take the transmission off? That's too big a job for myself. I'm guessing a mechanic will charge me a grand for a job like this. I've got almost 180k miles on this thing. Still timing belt water pump, alternator needs changed.

Should I part it out? Any guesses as the best way to get rid of the car? I can still dive it to it's final destination w/o the clutch.

Re: 2004 Cavalier Clutch to Floor.. I Fear the worst... :(
Thursday, July 21, 2016 12:01 AM
Yep sounds like the slave cylinder is bad. Ask the shop that you would take it too what the cost is. AN experienced mechanic can have the job done in a few hours.

Thursday, July 21, 2016 4:24 PM
More bad news. yeah...
i was quoted $800.
Just bought the wife a new minivan this morning.
I'll be driving a honda fit now
Will try to sell my car for $999 OBO. Or should I go $1,001? I'll post it in the classifieds when I get pics and get it cleaned up.
Friday, July 22, 2016 10:41 PM
Posted in on craigslist. Ebay is next. Let me know what u guys think of about price. Anyone need a parts car?

See Ad on Craigslist here...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search