Clutch pedal will now depress completely. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch pedal will now depress completely.
Monday, September 26, 2016 2:49 PM
Several weeks ago I had to stomp on the clutch and brakes to miss a wreck. The plastic eyelet on the pedal end of the master cylinder broke and we replaced the master cylinder and line to the slave cylinder. This weekend we loaded up the car as usual to go racing. Drove the car off the trailer and then next to the trailer. My son said he heard a loud ping when he pushed in on the clutch and it would not go the floor, he had to kill the fuel pump to stop the car. Engine running or not the clutch pedal will not engage (to the floor). It stops just a couple of inches lower than the brake pedal. Had to start the car in gear to race that night. We bled the line several time with no luck. Problem in/with the slave cylinder?

Re: Clutch pedal will not depress completely.
Monday, September 26, 2016 2:55 PM
tazassape wrote:Several weeks ago I had to stomp on the clutch and brakes to miss a wreck. The plastic eyelet on the pedal end of the master cylinder broke and we replaced the master cylinder and line to the slave cylinder. This weekend we loaded up the car as usual to go racing. Drove the car off the trailer and then next to the trailer. My son said he heard a loud ping when he pushed in on the clutch and it would not go the floor, he had to kill the fuel pump to stop the car. Engine running or not the clutch pedal will not engage (to the floor). It stops just a couple of inches lower than the brake pedal. Had to start the car in gear to race that night. We bled the line several time with no luck. Problem in/with the slave cylinder?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search