01 Z24 2.4 No Start - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
01 Z24 2.4 No Start
Saturday, September 19, 2020 7:23 AM
Brief run down of when the issue started. Car started was running fine, then while driving it died. (doing 80 mph might i add)

Pulled the ICM and had it tested, tested good.
Replaced the Crank sensor, still no start.
Fuel pump is turning on.

Any ideas where to go next ?

Re: 01 Z24 2.4 No Start
Saturday, September 19, 2020 7:33 AM
Throwing these codes as well :
p0113
p0300
p0420
p0440
Re: 01 Z24 2.4 No Start
Saturday, September 19, 2020 3:54 PM
Since it is the 2.4, you might want to check on your ignition coils as well as the actual ignition coil housing. The housings are notorious for developing shorts and arcing out as they get old. If you are still running the original I would even say it is overdue for this to happen. They are under the aluminum engine cover that says 2.4 DOHC. The housing is the plastic part that looks like an old ocean liner ship. It unbolt easily and the ignition module is under there too. The housings come in black and white. I prefer the white ones because if they are failed it is very easy to see the scorch marks from the arcing. Check your coils while they are out. If that is what the problem is then it is all cheap and easy to fix. This happened in my old 96 Cav LS 4dr with the 2.4.

That was a fun car that I miss but that engine was expensive to keep and maintain (water pump, timing chain...)

My current 99 and my 98 both with the LN2 are not quite as zippy but are much better behaved overall.

Good luck!

99LN2
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search