Transmission Service Manuals Available! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Transmission Service Manuals Available!
Sunday, March 13, 2022 4:03 AM
Hi all
I know a lot of us do our own work on our cars. Having the correct manuals are often very helpful to insure we are doing the job correctly.
I've found there are factory manuals available for both the GM 282 and 3T40 (and others). The prices on these are very reasonable too.
You can find them on eBay.

Re: Transmission Service Manuals Available!
Sunday, March 13, 2022 1:58 PM
Everyone says to use the ATI manuals...plenty on Ebay.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Monday, March 14, 2022 1:45 PM
I've never heard of the ATI manuals. The 282 book came today. It is quite good really. The J-body service manual has complete rebuild instructions, but this new book is like a supplement. Very nice diagrams compared to the big book. I have some of the special tools for rebuilding the trans. I've got 6 of these transmissions.
The 3T40 books (it has 3 in the set) haven't came yet, but no doubt will also be helpful, should I decide to try to rebuild one sometime. Plus, there is a really good videos on YouTube (I think it is 3 or 4 parts) that shows putting one together. It appears quite simple really, just have to make sure everything is installed in the correct order.
Sunday, May 22, 2022 10:47 PM
I'll tip my friend about the ATI manuals.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search