Transmission Service Manuals Available! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Transmission Service Manuals Available!
Sunday, March 13, 2022 4:03 AM
Hi all
I know a lot of us do our own work on our cars. Having the correct manuals are often very helpful to insure we are doing the job correctly.
I've found there are factory manuals available for both the GM 282 and 3T40 (and others). The prices on these are very reasonable too.
You can find them on eBay.

Re: Transmission Service Manuals Available!
Sunday, March 13, 2022 1:58 PM
Everyone says to use the ATI manuals...plenty on Ebay.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Monday, March 14, 2022 1:45 PM
I've never heard of the ATI manuals. The 282 book came today. It is quite good really. The J-body service manual has complete rebuild instructions, but this new book is like a supplement. Very nice diagrams compared to the big book. I have some of the special tools for rebuilding the trans. I've got 6 of these transmissions.
The 3T40 books (it has 3 in the set) haven't came yet, but no doubt will also be helpful, should I decide to try to rebuild one sometime. Plus, there is a really good videos on YouTube (I think it is 3 or 4 parts) that shows putting one together. It appears quite simple really, just have to make sure everything is installed in the correct order.
Sunday, May 22, 2022 10:47 PM
I'll tip my friend about the ATI manuals.
Tuesday, June 28, 2022 7:27 AM
Hi Butch in Cal
Do you have a manual for an 05 cavalier 5-speed
I had the dreaded clutch pressure line blow out on again.
I have parts to make it better system. M46 bmw and some an an angles to make it work.
Plus this time will find out what seem it is rubbing on and will smooth out. And put foam in between.
Thank you sir
Tuesday, June 28, 2022 8:47 AM
Hi again.
I am in California
Tuesday, June 28, 2022 7:06 PM
Sorry, no I don't have. Mine are only for the old 282.
Check the RPO for M86. That should be the F23 5spd. They may be similar to the 282, but I really don't anything about the F23. You can probably find a manual for it on eBay though. That is where I got all my old books. They were all priced very reasonable back when I bought them.
If you just need to change the clutch throw out bearing/slave, it should be pretty straight forward. You'll likely find a video on it at YouTube.
Sorry I couldn't offer more help.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search