Hit curb, dented rim, alignment off, bent rad.... - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hit curb, dented rim, alignment off, bent rad....
Saturday, February 26, 2005 8:43 PM
Yeah, as it states, i slid into a curb on my passenger side, bent my rim, tire's fine, alignment is way off, paint chips on my bumper but the main thing is that the rad is bent a bit.... and i lost all the coolent from the reserve tank, now whats the problem? did i @!#$ the rad up and need a new one? or did i bend the subframe?

you can see that the rad slants in on the passenger side, and the smell of antifreeze is obvious. i REALLY hope i didn't @!#$ the subframe, a new rad might be needed tho....

options, me and a buddy are checking it out better tomorrow in the light

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Re: Hit curb, dented rim, alignment off, bent rad....
Saturday, February 26, 2005 10:24 PM
take out the radiator and check it for leaks.

if your alignment is bad, u may have bent a, A arm, or a tie rod end, or something, who knows.

-Borsty
Re: Hit curb, dented rim, alignment off, bent rad....
Saturday, February 26, 2005 10:35 PM
IF you're out of alignment something is bent. Strut, control arm, tie rods, or subframe.
Radiator is probably toast too.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Re: Hit curb, dented rim, alignment off, bent rad.
Sunday, February 27, 2005 10:17 AM
I hit a curb like that about a month ago. My alignmentwas so off that it wore the tread off the spare in a day. The reason te alignment was off was because i had bent the lower control arm. Dealer wanted $215 for one but i got one at a junkyard that was in good condition for $65. As for the radiator I have no idea i didn't hit the curb that hard only like 25-30mph doing a powerslide. Good luck.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search