Bad EGR? (also in 2nd gen forum) - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bad EGR? (also in 2nd gen forum)
Saturday, February 26, 2005 5:51 PM
My '92 2.2L is idling very rough and I have had everyone I know tell me its the EGR.

So, fine I ordered a new one and noticed (after intalling) that the new one is a positive pressure EGR while my old one was Negative Pressure.

Since my old one is scrap can I run with the new one until I can get the proper negative EGR? Or am I going to do more harm.

On a side note. The rough idle didn't start until after I took it in for an emissions test.

Re: Bad EGR? (also in 2nd gen forum)
Saturday, February 26, 2005 8:38 PM
I assume that ur egr has a vacumm line going to it?It should and if so just disconnect it and the car will run fine just the same.U indicated that the egr had positive press?ummm never heard that one but,running with the new egr should make no difference since if you disconn that vacumm line it will b like its not there anyhow.I have a 85 cav and when I replaced mine it came with Orings to adjust the back pressure which is what the egr does.I just inserted the one that best matched the old oem one and whalaa.I know bc ur model is differ the egr operates a lil dif but even so u should b fine and it will not harm ur car to b disconn.I hope this is useful.

Re: Bad EGR? (also in 2nd gen forum)
Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:11 AM
Well, I'm going to disconnect it and run it for the day and see what happens. The new one made the car idle worse then the old one so there must be a difference between the two somehow.

I'll let you know if disconnecting the vacuum line changed anything.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search