hmmm new fuel pump. faulty? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hmmm new fuel pump. faulty?
Friday, December 11, 2009 11:30 AM
ok so i did the young and stupid thing and took my '00 cavalier out and down some trails about 6 months ago and got it stuck in the mud. yes i know stupid stupid stupid kick myself in the face with a steel-toed boot. but the water came in the floor boards and after getting pulled out i drove it home and started cleaning it. well i left my house two days later and it shut of while driving and wouldnt start. starter was screwed, so i replaced it, well then i couldnt hear the fuel pump, so i emptied the fuel tank, dropped it out, cleaned it out, and put brand new fuel in it. still nothing. there was no dirt or water surprisingly. but i just got done replacing the fuel pump with a new one and i charged the battery and it started and i ran it for about 10 minutes with no problem, so i shut it off and went to restart it right away and the battery was dead, bad cell. so i go to get a new battery today and put it in and now i cant hear the fuel pump again. wtf???? any clues on this one guys? i checked the wiring, fuses, fuel rail, everything. just very frusterating. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: hmmm new fuel pump. faulty?
Friday, December 11, 2009 4:24 PM
Maybe fuel relay is shot?. Injectors acting up?.
Re: hmmm new fuel pump. faulty?
Saturday, December 12, 2009 6:20 AM
Not sure of your particular year and model but MANY cars today have major engine control components in low locations that could be affected by high water. Some in the in front fender, just in front of the wheel (such as my 95 Sunfire) and many cars now put them under the front seats.

These are small computers, I doubt I need to tell you about water getting into high tech electrical devices and the results??

Check it out and see if there is evidence of them getting wet. It just may be your problem.

Dave
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search