using heet......... - North Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
using heet.........
Thursday, June 17, 2010 9:09 PM
Just wondering if any of you have heard of using this to help pass emissions test. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to replace my failed cat in time. Ty

Re: using heet.........
Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:02 PM
this thread belongs in your local regional forum.

to answer your question, i have no idea if it would help on emissions or not... Virginia doesn't have emissions testing

Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:27 PM
Ok ty ill ask there
Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:32 PM
its alcohol

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Saturday, June 19, 2010 7:28 PM
octane booster?

Saturday, June 19, 2010 7:38 PM
core (strmtrooper) wrote:octane booster?

Usually heet is used to evap all the water and otther empuritys fron gas tanks. I usually use the stuff at the end of the mowing season put into mower ect to keep water from building up. That way at the bigining of spring mower ect is easy start. I'm just affrad of causing damage to my engine. I guess it would be a octane booster. Ty
Sunday, July 11, 2010 12:37 PM
Heet is meant to remove moisture from gas. I used to use in when I lived in CT. It will do nothing to help your emissions, especially if your cat is bad. You can try the following:

1) new spark plugs & wires (if your car has them)
2) fuel system cleaner-to clean injectors, etc
3) induction cleaner, such as Seafaom-to clean throttlebody, intake, intake ports, combustion chanber, etc
4) change oil & filter

These should be things you do regularly anyways, but they might, maybe clean things enough to pass the test. Depending on how strict the test is its possible that only changing your cat will get you to pass.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Sunday, July 11, 2010 12:52 PM
Ronin J wrote:Heet is meant to remove moisture from gas. I used to use in when I lived in CT. It will do nothing to help your emissions, especially if your cat is bad. You can try the following:

3) induction cleaner, such as Seafaom-to clean throttlebody, intake, intake ports, combustion chanber, etc
4) change oil & filter

These should be things you do regularly anyways, but they might, maybe clean things enough to pass the test. Depending on how strict the test is its possible that only changing your cat will get you to pass.

but just fyi, be careful with seafoam. The older your car is the more damage it can do to seals and gaskets etc...

Sunday, July 11, 2010 4:01 PM
Ronin J wrote:Heet is meant to remove moisture from gas. I used to use in when I lived in CT. It will do nothing to help your emissions, especially if your cat is bad. You can try the following:

4) change oil & filter

The above was just done resent. Ill have to replace cat before test. Testers now sit in car as test is being performed. Engine light on. When they put code tester on ill auto fail..LOL. ty for the info tho. I no where to come witjh other thbings. Like can........lol. ty
Friday, March 09, 2012 3:12 AM
maybe try cleaning your 02 sensor with carb cleaner not sure if it would work but just a idea
Sunday, March 25, 2012 3:36 PM
In Oregon if you have CEL you auto fail. Get the cat fixed before you re-test.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search