Accel coils for the 2200 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Accel coils for the 2200
Monday, February 14, 2005 9:13 AM
My question resides with the topic header. I know alot of people who have Accel wires have problems keeping them connected. Well an aumotive warehouse is going out of business a few towms over, And everything is on massive sale 80-90% off everything. The audit company i work for just did their inventory before the closing. And they have accel AC / delco style GM DIS coils for the listed only for the 2000-2002 sunfire with the 2200 engine for about $30 each, and the thunder sport wires also in stock for $9. Which seems to be a damn good deal.

Though i have seen MSD coils used, How well are the Accel Coils for the 2200, regardless of the years they have listed? And will this insure that the Thunder sport wires will stay connected for sure?

Re: Accel coils for the 2200
Monday, February 14, 2005 11:51 AM
no one?

Monday, February 14, 2005 11:57 AM
I don't think accel makes GM dual tower coils. I have never been able to find them anywhere. THey just have standard GM stuff.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, February 14, 2005 3:02 PM
I have the accel thunder sport wires, and I havent had any problems with them coming disconnected. Accel does make GM DIS-2 coils though I havent heard anything about them.
Monday, February 14, 2005 3:54 PM
I dont see why it would be a problem. Although I plan on getting MSD for my car I dont see how there would be much of a difference. Never heard about that wire coming off thing either.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Monday, February 14, 2005 4:54 PM
I would go for it. You won't see much of a difference though.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Monday, February 14, 2005 6:09 PM
yeah id go for it they are pretty cheap getting on that sale

Monday, February 14, 2005 7:27 PM
I've used the Accel Super Coils on Coil-on-cap HEI, remote mount HEI, and the E-coils all with satisfactory results. They all seemed to idle smoother and reved well. Of course most of the time they replaced older stock coils. Coil-on-cap HEI turned 7200RPM + with no problems on the dirt oval Street Stock V8, they never missed a beat. They've been making thier coils for a few years, IMO, I don't think they would want to release an inferior product.

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:05 PM
Thank you for the review. My stock coils are in need of replacing, So i will go this route. Though i know there will be no real performance gains, ive heard of smoother idle from many people.

Fact 1:

This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence
structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme.These elements are natural
to my process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Fact 2:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search