auto vs stick on new j body - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: auto vs stick on new j body
Friday, February 25, 2005 7:01 PM
i think event had a 3sp. becides the gearing in the isuzu just doesn't feel "right"

Monday, February 28, 2005 7:00 AM
Not to highjack the thread but ... Can some one answer what the 4t40e has as far as lsd? If its not lsd what is it? When a 3sp auto burns out does just one tire spin or do both?

"Fu'k displacement, I'd rather be blown."
Monday, February 28, 2005 7:15 AM
if i had to guess....traction control.
Monday, February 28, 2005 7:18 AM
Mawk wrote:Not to highjack the thread but ... Can some one answer what the 4t40e has as far as lsd? If its not lsd what is it? When a 3sp auto burns out does just one tire spin or do both?

Depends on whether your traction control (ETS) is on or not... If it is, you will have the one wheel burnout, if it's not, then you might get both to go. You can tell if your traction control is or or not by the ETS off light on the cluster (at least on my '99 Z it was like that)

Also, back to the thread, I would say that I don't really care if a stick is faster than auto, but when driving, it sure feels faster and is a lot more fun. Hell, even my '89 Civic hatch with 70hp was fun to drive just because it was a stick.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Monday, February 28, 2005 8:49 AM
Hmm... When TC is on it leaves two tiny patches before tc kills the power. On stones and snow it still spins both even when tc is activly working. With tc off (I just pull the ebrake) then they both spin.

"Fu'k displacement, I'd rather be blown."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search