First round of 2200 performance - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
First round of 2200 performance
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:29 PM
I just finnished installing the new juice on the car so now the first part of the build is done. Here's what i have done:
AEM cold air intake
Prothane lowwer and upper motor mounts
Prothane tranny mounts
SPEC stage 3 clutch
Vibrant muffler with 2.25" piping
NX wet 75 shot
Accel 8mm spark plug wires
NGK TR6 plugs

Next:
MSD DIS-2
AEM wideband O2 sensor
RKsport headder w/ magnaflow cat-back
complete valvetrain

Going to the track this weekend and dyno and tuning it soon. I'm gonna hope for low 15's and arround 200 Ft-Lbs and 170 HP

Re: First round of 2200 performance
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:57 PM
get some headers. might help some.

Monday, February 28, 2005 7:33 PM
Intake is great...i love mine, same with the mounts. Good work

Shoot me an email on the header, ill get you a good price

Travis@TunerRevolution.com

--------------------------------------------
The Car is For Sale: Info? Travis@TunerRevolution.com

Monday, February 28, 2005 7:46 PM
rely 170?...wow maybe im doing better than I tihnk
Monday, February 28, 2005 7:48 PM
well my dyno with a pos muffler and a ghetto intake was @ 101HP and 122ft-lbs so i don't think a 75 gain is too much to hope for.
Raskal-you have mail

Monday, February 28, 2005 8:06 PM
Not counting the Nos, your looking at about 11 hp.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Monday, February 28, 2005 8:09 PM
i know bot 101+say 11=112 i don't think it is too unrealistic to expect 58 hp from a 75 shot. and by the way it's NX any way well know for sure in a few weeks. the dyno dosen't lie

Monday, February 28, 2005 11:34 PM
Badasscav wrote:I'm gonna hope for low 15's

Don't sell yourself short. I dipped into the 14s on a 50 dry shot, and am waiting on spring to come along so I can test out the 75 shot. The 14.9 was on a 2.3 60' lol John Force, stock tires and clutch, so you should be able to best me.

I'll definitely be waiting to see the results of your dyno, so I can have a rough idea of what our cars do on a 75 shot.

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:38 AM
Sent

--------------------------------------------
The Car is For Sale: Info? Travis@TunerRevolution.com

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:49 AM
Ant wrote:get some headers. might help some.

a header

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:49 PM
I have 225/50/Zr16 khumos on the car too so that should help the 60' time after taking a little air out .
yeah a header would do just fine and i have no idea what i would do with two?
I'll keep ya'll posted on the #'s

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:04 AM
ROFLMFAO

i think your gonna get 170hp with those mods... keep dreaming...

without the spray you have maybe 10-15hp up from stock...

its a 2200... gemme a break!

Matt

Quote:

What day is it again?.... I don't sleep enough.....

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:44 AM
Seriously, the english language isn't that difficult, is it?

Originally posted by MSD
I have an 03 5-speed Cavy, and when I race.. I shift at 6300-6500. That method (coupled with the fact that the guy probably couldn't drive for @!#$) allowed me to keep up with/have a slight lead on an 04 Mustang GT.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:48 AM
Well I have the EXACT same mods as you and I just ran a 15.8?@89.?mph and I have the TWO slips to prove! I'm going to be spraying 75 with my NX efi Stg1 soon and I'm sure i'll be in the high 14.8-15.2 range! Pretty positive actually! My traps are sohigh because of wheel spin too! :/ Only thing you have on my is that clutch which i REALLY need but I put down a great # for a 2200 without the spray! I'll post timeslips tonight and when you get your dyno results post them and I'll get some shortly after to see how much of a difference this all is! Later man and my E-mail is bballjamal@aol.com if you have any questions or just want to talk.

By the way Raskal I want a header from yo man unless u sold it already?

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:21 PM
Hey man, awesome list of mods... glad to see more guys taking the 2200 route... what can i say, I like the underdogs lol... I don't think solid 14's are out of reach with the 75 wet shot, jyou did install copper plugs gapped a little bit tighter than stock right? If you did that, and are running 93 octane when you spray, should be a BEAUTIFUL thing... And yeah, header and exhaust makes a pretty solid difference on a 2200 engine, with spray the increase will be even more. The real power of the 2200 is locked away in the head, the ports are too small (especially exhaust... ugh...), so a head port should be on the list sometime in the near future. Since its a pushrod engine the install is cake if you have a torque wrench. Some added compression (skim the head a bit, or change out the pistons) will do wonders. I have heard rumors around that there is a certain acura/honda piston that fits the 2200 and gives a good compression bump.... it came from a reliable source but they wouldn't reveal the details as to what engine its from or how much work was required to fit it to the 2200 rods... But anyway as usual i'm ranting. Good luck at the track hope to see some good times!! Don't forget to give those kumhos a little heat before each run!

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:35 PM
I'll be sure to give the khumos all the heat thier hearts can desire. NGK TR6 plugs gaped at .42 (factory is .45) and 93 octane all the way. I have all of the tools to take my car down to absolutely nothing. The only tool that i would ever use and i don't have is an inverted torx set. Speaking of the P$P situation: like i said i was/am going to do the valvetrain next. I'm talking cam,lifters, pushrods,roller rockers,retainer springs,ect. now would it be a better idea to do this to this head and get the P&P done later or does it all NEED to be done at once? Also i have always been taught that if you plan on running nitrous regularly o a motor you should use a cam with wider lobe separation and minimum overlap. correct? if so who do you recomend to custom grind a cam?

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:09 PM
Have fun pulling the engine out to change the cam
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:17 PM
I have already prepared myself to pull the engine just to put in a freakin cam! That is so stupid but it must be done in the name of performance!
Viva el 2200!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:30 PM
Badasscav wrote:I have already prepared myself to pull the engine just to put in a freakin cam! That is so stupid but it must be done in the name of performance!
Viva el 2200!!!!!!!!

Well I'm glad your spirits are still high. I gave up on the engine.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:36 PM
hey monster is your profile up to date there is no mention of a cam??

Matt

Quote:

What day is it again?.... I don't sleep enough.....

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:36 PM
I'll "stop" after it makes 300 hp or breaks into the 12's.......or it blows up 4 times. whatever comes first

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:39 PM
Tr6's are pre-gapped to .038

Quote:

Well I'm glad your spirits are still high. I gave up on the engine.

And I will never ever swap...................................bah who am I kidding......

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:07 PM
i re-gapped them
Holly ish!!!I told myself that i would't spray on the street, but i couldn't help it. OMG that is the coolest thing ever(the nitrous burst). it was my 1st time in a car with N02. I just....I'm.........speachless. That was..........stupid fast comapared to stock.........wow

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:46 PM
J-Body Performance has probably the best 2200 cam selection, talk to them i'm sure they can hook you up with a cam for what you need.

As for valvetrain, pushrods and rockers can be replaced without removing the head or engine. So these you could do before the p+p if you so desire... As for lifters, these are in the block, so they can wait. Valve springs, valves, keepers, etc all require the head to be removed in order to replace anyway.. so do those at the same time as the port job.

Sounds like you're going for some serious power here, perhaps you should invest in forged pistons and rods from Cavalier Connections or JBP before you blow up a perfectly good block

Despite what many will tell you, the 2200 is not a money-pit if you spend your money in the right places... if you expect it to make 250whp all motor perfectly streetable, then you're going to waste money. BUt a nitrous or forced induction setup when properly built can often be cheaper than an eco setup and perform just as well... Good luck man, drop me an email if you want jersey_jay_0284@yahoo.com

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:48 AM
hey Badasscav I think you need to update your profile

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search