96 2.4 low r.p.m major lag any help??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
96 2.4 low r.p.m major lag any help???
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 12:53 PM
Ok heres whats going on I have a 96 Z with intake, hi flow cat, and 2.5" piping back with exhaust after I installed all that I have seem to come across a low rpm burping feel when I give it gas I was trying to figure out is it getting to much fuel or to much oxygen .. can't seem to fix this problem anyone have any solutions I might try?? Car goes fast just not at a slow roll....
CJ

Re: 96 2.4 low r.p.m major lag any help???
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 1:25 PM
your profile says you have the 2200. the problem might be your pipe size. your car does not produce enough exhaust at low rpms to need 2.5" pipeing. so you have no back pressure utill you build on the rpms. try changing to a 2.25" piping. that should help

New sig in the works
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:35 PM
lol that'll do it... hahah

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Saturday, March 05, 2005 1:56 PM
my profile hasn't been updated and I got a Z now the 2.2 is @!#$..... fell apart. I had 2.25 on it first and it didn't do much different still had the same back pressure problems I found out what the deal was with my car though, the hi flow cat I had on it was a piece of crap and that blew out after a month of it being on there now I have no problems and can peel at 3g's in 3rd gear....... I'm fixed up
Saturday, March 05, 2005 4:43 PM
thats because you have @!#$ tires.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:57 PM
never could you peel in third gear at 3000 rpms lol, maybe with a huge shot of n2O
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:17 PM
don't be mad 'cause I can spin in 3rd .... YOU MIGHT TOO SOMEDAY!!! and I don't need nitrous....... just a matter of knowing what your car can handle....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search