hi-flow cat q's - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hi-flow cat q's
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:00 AM
i tried to search this but didn't come up with much. anyways i was just wondering what catalytic converter would you guys recommend for my 03 cavy? also you guys with cats already did you have to weld them on or did they clamp on. i was also wondering what headers you guys would recommend. thanks

ecopower

Re: hi-flow cat q's
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:14 AM
mine was welded in its the one from gravanatuning.com its a magnaflow; it was 45$ at a local muffler shop...i dot know if ide recomend it though cause nowi have a CEL but i hear most of the cats throw the code anyways...

Matt

Quote:

What day is it again?.... I don't sleep enough.....

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:58 PM
i have a carsound magnaflow cat. no CEL lights here. if its hooked up right then you shouldn't get any cel.

and the Header i have is a pacesetter ceramic coated Header.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 10:27 PM
is your cat welded on?

ecopower
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 6:36 AM
There is probably nothing wrong with the one you have. My 04 has a nice cat.
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 6:48 AM
Frank, if Dan is redoing his exhaust, the stock cat is going to be to small on the inlet & out let pipes. Also the stock cat is restrictive, so he'd just be causing a bottle neck at the cat and see no real gains.

I also have the car sound Magnaflow cat. It's sitting in a closet next to my Pacesetter armor coated header. the cat is an OBD2 compliant high flow cat I picked up in a GP from Gravada Tuning. It'll all find it's way onto my car after I fix my suspension.

Anyway, yes you can use clamps to hold the cat in place, but your better off getting it welded on. Clamps really are only ment as a tempory fix untill you can get the right.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:00 AM
I would like to know what the stock cat flows. I have changed them before on GM cars and have seen no change.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search