AWD Cavalier??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AWD Cavalier???
Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:51 AM
Has anyone ever made a cavalier all wheel drive???

Re: AWD Cavalier???
Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:52 AM
or swapped in an import motor something like an nissan sr20 or rb25
Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:03 AM
Oh ya, they do it all the time. Some even have tank treads and 6 wheel drive. I think someone even did a F-14 jet engine swap.

What they should do it install a search button that covers 90% of the screen for members with less than 50 posts.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:06 AM
Deez Nutz wrote:or swapped in an import motor something like an nissan sr20 or rb25

how bout swapping the car out for a nissan?

the 2.4 and ecotec are more than capable of being high power motors.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:11 AM
i'm gonna put a saab 2.8 twin turbo v6 in mine gm/opel ftw!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:59 AM
hmm for some reason the search button doesnt seem to return any results sorry for asking a question im not saying that the eco or the 2.4 arent able of being high power motors i just wanted to know if anyone has done it
Wednesday, August 27, 2008 12:50 PM
why not use the equinox or U van AWD trans and build a custom rear end order a bare axel out of a 4 wheeling company to be honest if your asking a question like that your dreaming. eco and 2.4 will be hard to find a trans that will work but a 2.2 OHV and gm puch rod V6 will fit up to a U van trans or the equinox 3400 5speed auto

JBO since July 30, 2001
Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2:23 PM
Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2:30 PM
Deez Nutz wrote:Has anyone ever made a cavalier all wheel drive???

I did, but I installed the rear splines backwards, so when I stomped on the gas the car ripped in half.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:35 PM
I know of a AWD tranny that will bolt up to the ecotec.. and is a 6 speed

Thursday, August 28, 2008 4:28 PM
Shifted wrote:

I did, but I installed the rear splines backwards, so when I stomped on the gas the car ripped in half.

This whole time I thought it was because of the turbo being mounted with the compressor where the turbine should be, and the turbine where the compressor should be.

Hmm, learn something new every day.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:09 PM
Ya mount the body to an older model s-10 Blazer frame and keep the transfer case locked in 4wd ..there ya go AWD Cavi !
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:18 PM
this is the stupidest thing i have ever read!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:23 PM
Shifted wrote:

damn you beat me to the joke, i was gonna say i reversed the front and now when i accelerate my car crushes itself

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:27 AM
wow! that dude had a serious question and ya'll just ripped him.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:52 AM
the point is the question has been asked before.......over and over again......

like on a weekly basis.

were sick of hearing it.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 9:18 AM
Agreed... So if anyone has had any success in making one with a realistic ride-height (Like stock, that is) please speak-up! If not, I guess we'll hafta wait 'til GM builds one, it seems.

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:21 PM
not everybody has the same knowledge of you or me. people hav questions that need answering

Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:02 PM
Aaron Reise wrote:not everybody has the same knowledge of you or me. people hav questions that need answering

and some posts need to die.

lets end it here, shall we?

Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:03 PM
I once read in SCC, an opening article about the 10 craziest compact swaps of all time. One of them was all the drivetrain components from an Evo into a J body. Unrealistically expensive, but it could be doable if you had too much time on your hands, a gutted J and a mechanically sound but otherwise destroyed Evo.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:40 PM
Considering the fact that GM sold the Cavalier in Japan through Toyota in the mid and late 90s, and TRD offered performance parts for the TRD Cavaliers have you considered looking into matting the AWD transmission and drivetrain from an AWD Celica. If you can find a way to modify the rear suspension to house the rear drivetrain of the AWD Celica you could swap out the trans make any alterations to the drive shaft needed to fit the Cavalier wheelbase. Worse case scenario, you have to swap out the GM motor for a Toyota motor, which would suck but at the same time opens up a much larger market when it comes to aftermarket parts.

Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:57 PM
You bumped a 4 year old thread to add that?

Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:31 PM
Just make it stop!!!!
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 1:35 PM
Ryan Dapper wrote:Considering the fact that GM sold the Cavalier in Japan through Toyota in the mid and late 90s, and TRD offered performance parts for the TRD Cavaliers have you considered looking into matting the AWD transmission and drivetrain from an AWD Celica. If you can find a way to modify the rear suspension to house the rear drivetrain of the AWD Celica you could swap out the trans make any alterations to the drive shaft needed to fit the Cavalier wheelbase. Worse case scenario, you have to swap out the GM motor for a Toyota motor, which would suck but at the same time opens up a much larger market when it comes to aftermarket parts.

TRD offered performance parts? ...what, like a body kit and spoiler? badges?

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:22 PM
Be nice, he drives a Beretta.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search