Proper Racetronix Fuel Pump and harness - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Proper Racetronix Fuel Pump and harness
Saturday, March 09, 2013 12:10 AM
http://www.racetronix.biz/index.asp?FSCat=5&url=IND&iFromFeatured=1

With part numbers FPA-007 and FPWH-015

Will this be everything I need? Thanks guys

Re: Proper Racetronix Fuel Pump and harness
Saturday, March 09, 2013 6:06 AM
GTFO seriously does nobody use the search function anymore maybe the mods should rewrite the site so we don't have a search function so ppl like me who search don't get pissed when ppl like you don't search

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Saturday, March 09, 2013 7:03 AM
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FPWH-025&Tp=

Wasnt that hard man....w-body pump......w-body upgrade harness..........
Saturday, March 09, 2013 8:38 AM
Sorry I just found out that I had to be in at work because the POS v-22 wants to break all the time and my CO thinks its awesome to fly cross country flights over the weekend. So OP I apologize for my previous post I actually like coming here to help ppl and keep the site and sport compact scene alive

RIP Cpl Derek Kerns And Cpl Robby Reyes
24th MEU VMM-261 (REIN) V22 Crewchiefs
11 April 2012 Morocco (African Lion)
Saturday, March 09, 2013 10:34 AM
Fbody ftw

FU Tuning

Saturday, March 09, 2013 12:03 PM
Whitecavy told me before to get the 99-02 f body harness. I have a pump and harness for sale if interested. Brand new.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Saturday, March 09, 2013 4:44 PM
Isnt the w-body and f-body the exact same pump but the f-body one has the red metal sleeve making a tighter fit?

Im just going to use one of those foam sleeves for my pump to make it fit tight
Saturday, March 09, 2013 6:51 PM
Philly D wrote:Isnt the w-body and f-body the exact same pump but the f-body one has the red metal sleeve making a tighter fit?

Im just going to use one of those foam sleeves for my pump to make it fit tight

Yes.

FU Tuning

Sunday, March 10, 2013 4:05 PM
thats why its better

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, March 10, 2013 4:32 PM
But if you don't want to do any cutting, get the w-body pump with the foam isolator.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, March 10, 2013 4:34 PM
^Yah paying $25 more for it to fit better when you can achieve the same with a $1 sleeve doesn't make full sense to me.

Sunday, March 10, 2013 6:18 PM
Philly D wrote:^Yah paying $25 more for it to fit better when you can achieve the same with a $1 sleeve doesn't make full sense to me.

When you do not have to worry about the foam breaking down in the gas, this makes sense to me.

Still no cutting required.

Working flawless for 5 years makes sense to me.

FU Tuning

Sunday, March 10, 2013 6:45 PM
great upgrade investment. mines been in for about a year now with the harness, supporting my stage2 42.5lb/hr injectors. seems to do really well.
dont get worried if you notice small things like having to prime once or twice when the car is warm to get it started. most seem to not have that issue while some have (like me). otherwise cold startups are great and make sure you double and triple check the venturi clamp is super tight. i removed my tank 3x because i failed to get the lines crimped tight as possible at first. and dont forget, its a lot easier with amost no gas in the tank

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, March 11, 2013 7:10 AM
Either works great. I have the F-body.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:23 PM
Well...thought Id chime in and see how any of you who went with a Racetronix (Walbro) pump have had issues yet.
I bought mine in February of 2012, I think I installed it in March, about 13 months ago.

I noticed Ive been having fuel cut out's during casual acceleration and it dies at idle.
I used a fuel pressure tester today and it will prime with the car off up to about 52 but it drops really quick back to like 10psi. If I start the car it'll hold at about 42psi every time, and stays there perfectly.
If I tap the gas to about 2000 RPMs, it starts to increase but drops back down to 42psi (while holding it steady at 2000).
If I rev it up to 5000 or so it goes up to about 52+ but once I let off it drops instantly back down to 42ish.
If I leave it pressurized without bleeding the fuel in the tester line, the pressure goes back to 0psi (maybe this is normal due to the return system?).

So...my pump is probably failing. Its been almost exactly a year (just over) and Im trying to find out what the warranty is..which im SURE with my luck it'll be 12 months as Im just past it LOL...

how long has the pump lasted for some of you? have any of you had success with the pumps under heavy usage?
Ive been super rich since day one, and I run my tank to almost E before every fill up (so the naturally cold fuel isn't keeping the pump cool). What factors can kill these pumps? maybe ive contributed to that on my own and its not just a pump failure...

Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:04 PM
Running the fuel almost to E will kill the pump prematurely.

Id say its on its way out or your having issues with your line again.

You should see about 54 psi at idle and 62 with the vacuum line detached from the frp(?)>>>That being said it may be normal for your car since your not pulling the correct vacuum ?

Its normal for the pressure to bleed off. Even my stock pump does this
Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:13 PM
Most of what you're describing sounds normal. When you prime the pump without it running it will only hold pressure until the pump stops running. Then, as I'm sure you know, it all runs right back into the tank. It's pretty much a 2 person job to get an accurate pressure number if your gauge is under the hood. It will change a little with rpms too.

I believe factory eco fuel pressure is around 55psi though, so something may be wrong. The regulator itself could have gone bad. But since you run it so low on fuel you probably have a clogged filter either the one outside the tank or the sock inside. You really shouldn't run below quarter tank. That's how you clog filters by picking up all the junk floating in the tank. Plus like you mentioned it works that much harder/hotter.

I hope these pumps dont die this easy because I'm running mine kind of hard now with a 70psi base pressure and almost 85psi at redline.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:25 PM
Philly D wrote:Running the fuel almost to E will kill the pump prematurely.

Id say its on its way out or your having issues with your line again.

You should see about 54 psi at idle and 62 with the vacuum line detached from the frp(?)>>>That being said it may be normal for your car since your not pulling the correct vacuum ?

Its normal for the pressure to bleed off. Even my stock pump does this

x2. If you have vacuum problems this could possibly explain the issues you're having. Don't know what line problem you had before but that sounds like another good thing to check out.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:39 PM
what size is the f-body pump anyway?

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:51 PM
fbody and wbody are identical, 255lph...or is that not what you're asking?
well the guage is brand new from Auto Zone, it seems like a nice quality kit. Hell I dropped $150 just to rent it lol. So I doubt its wrong. It comes with a nice long line so I can actually have it on the windshield while im in my car watching it accurately.

I already received an email back from Racetronix. Lets just say they are not the friendliest customer service for auto parts out there..but at least they replied lol.
Their response was (literally, with no hello, thanks for going with Racetronix, etc) :
"Our standard warranty on the W1 is 1 year.
You may wish to engage a tech on our forum to confirm that you have a pump related issue.
In many cases it is not the pump itself."

I wrote a nice descriptive complaint, professional, inquiring about warranty information since its no where on their site and was very polite about getting more information. That was their response....

So yeah. It definitely only runs at the 42psi mark or so when idle. And the cut out is random, but in certain gears at certain RPMs the car 'blurps' lean for a second under a constant throttle. But coming to a stop is when it'll usually try to die. So Im not sure what to do at this point since I know for a fact from what Im reading the fuel pressure is low and its definitely in the fuel supply somewhere that its cutting out. The fuel filter is brand new, I changed it like 2 or 3 weeks ago just for fun. The one it replaced was only a few months old.

The venturi line was my issue during install, but I fixed that. It cant be crimped any tighter lol. Maybe something came loose or the sock filter is clogged as Yellow suggested.

So Racetronix MIGHT still replace it if I can prove it was the pump that failed from what Ive read on other forums. But basically they're telling me its not the pump and my car is a big fail. lol
Im going to do as the oh-so-kind customer support person said to, and see about 'engaging a tech' on their forum.

Monday, April 15, 2013 3:56 AM
For shots n giggle blue pull the pump out and remove the fuel sock on the pump itself. Then see if your fuel pressure issues go away.

Monday, April 15, 2013 5:05 AM
To me does not sound like pump issues.

I have been running my pump for many years now.3-5, just not sure exactly.

FU Tuning

Monday, April 15, 2013 8:08 AM
I ran my 1st pump for 2yrs then it crapped out. Then put a new one in and had to around 10-15 psi shortly after start up. Pulled the pump sock off and all was well at 60 psi. Had the same issue with the other cavi my buddy owns. Pulled the sock off and all is well. Worth a shot, instead of dropping cash on a replacement right away.

Monday, April 15, 2013 10:00 AM
JUCNBST wrote:I ran my 1st pump for 2yrs then it crapped out. Then put a new one in and had to around 10-15 psi shortly after start up. Pulled the pump sock off and all was well at 60 psi. Had the same issue with the other cavi my buddy owns. Pulled the sock off and all is well. Worth a shot, instead of dropping cash on a replacement right away.

So did you run with no sock, or was that just for testing?

FU Tuning

Monday, April 15, 2013 10:21 AM
I thought these pumps were plug and play why do you need the harness also?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search