my first ecotec, motor mount question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my first ecotec, motor mount question
Monday, March 11, 2013 8:50 PM
hello all, havnt been on here in FOREVER

anyway iv always had second gen cavaliers, and one LD9, now i have my hands on an 02 LS Sport with an ecotec, whole new game now,

i have a question about the motor mounts, is the dog bone the same for the eco as the ld9? i have a polly one from my 2000 z24 2.4 manual, was woundering if its the same as my 02 ecotec automatic?
suggestions on solid or polly dog bone and upper mounts?

Re: my first ecotec, motor mount question
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:05 AM
The lower engine on all engines/all transmissions from 1995-2005 are the same. So yes the lower one will fit.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:30 PM
I run the lower engine dog bone and and both trany mounts on my dd. Gives great traction without being to stiff.
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:40 PM
ok thast what i thought i have a lower mount from my 2.4 manual that i bought from summit and i was sure it would work but i see on parts sights they are stating "Fits 2.2 ecotec manual only and fits 2.4 auto or 2.4 manual" and i just wanted to make sure i was correct

and why is that whenever looking up parts, i can never find eco stuff for 02s? like they didnt come out until 03? (however i had no idea u could get an L61 until 03 becuase every 02 iv ever seen besides my own was a 2.4 or 2.2 ohv

John Lenko wrote: It is bad. Stop. Now. Bad. Bad bad. Bad bad bad.

...j

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search