Woohoo, Just got it back!!!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Woohoo, Just got it back!!!!!
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:48 PM
I'll just leave these here

I got a really good deal on this. I know a local guy who builds/races drag bikes. Still gotta clean the outside, but let me know what you guys think. It's been slow but I'm close.

radius valve job

port and polish job

overall view

You drive a cavalier? Why yes... yes I do.

Re: Woohoo, Just got it back!!!!!
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 6:44 AM
Ok guys, has anybody ordered through here:

http://www.chevycavalierworld.com/supertech-valvesprings.php

I am looking to buy the 78lb spring kit but I want to make sure that this site is decent. I have never ordered through them before.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 11:25 AM
is that an L61 or LSJ head? i wish i had time to get my LSJ head P&P'd before it went back onto the motor...exhaust jobs do quite a lot for the LSJ's...

looks good!

I have the ZZP 78# kit in my LSJ head right now and have the SupertTech 78# kit sitting in my kitchen that was going to go into my L61 right before it blew up. Definitely a nice upgrade if you plan on upgrading cams and revving a bit higher!
I want to say thats a decent price but I paid just under that for my SuperTech kit from another member (brand new, never used). The ones in the LSJ head were already installed when I bought the head.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:51 PM
This is the L61 head. I really really wanted to do a LSJ head swap but I didn't have the money to buy one and all I have laying around are L61 heads. The 78 kit looks to be perfect for my plans for bigger cams (well lift) and going turbo.

Thanks for the info I was just a bit worried about the website. I have never sent this site before so it kind of made me nervous. Have you ordered from there?

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:10 PM
looks great, one thing i would have done is had them deshroud the seats and smooth the combustion chambers when doing it but other than that, looks real nice.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:33 PM
Looks good

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:09 AM
Z - I agree, but I can't complain this only costs me $500. They guy I have that did it builds drag bikes and he cut me a really good deal. (Said he would do the same for anyone else who needed work done, just FYI)

Thanks Aaron, Now I just am waiting for the Supertech springs. I can't wait!

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:03 PM
Alright guys so I just got my Supertech 78lb valve springs, retainers, and seat locators in. Now my problem is I can't find keepers. Does anyone know where you can get some titanium keepers for the standard 6mm valves and 78lb valve springs?

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:36 PM
Can't you use stock keepers? I know most engines people just use stock keepers. Are these springs interchangeable with a lsj head or do they use different springs?

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:52 PM
As far as I know the springs are interchangeable between the LSJ and L61 heads.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:54 PM
Are the stock keepers good for a stiffer spring, larger cam, and turbo setup? Has anyone used a use set of keepers after upgrading springs?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search